Notifications
Clear all

Small forehead bumps that won't go away

MemberMember
(@babylex)

Posted : 09/12/2017 1:35 am

Hi everyone,
I feel kind of ridiculous posting on this website considering I was (thanks to genetics) given clear skin. Although, I do have pretty intense redness on my cheeks, nose, and center of forehead, acne is not a problem for me. My problem area is most certainly my forehead. Foundation never seems to look the best in his area, I get dry patches, redness, and what I need help on, bumps. I have had small colorless bumps on my forehead for years now. They never really bothered me because they weren't noticeable and I figured nobody has 100% perfectly clear skin. The bumps are mostly only noticeable in ugly lighting such as the bathroom and artificial areas. I feel as if the bumps are getting more severe. I am prone to eczema, so often times my forehead is red and itchy. Is there anything I can do to get of this???? I've tried rosehip oil, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, aloe vera straight from the plant .. nothing seems to work. IMG_5914.JPG I just want a clear and smooth forehead :( 

IMG_5918.JPG

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 09/12/2017 6:47 pm

You have beautiful skin so don't be self conscious by any means, but I do understand everyone wants clear smooth skin. To me it looks like you're experiencing just a little bit of congestion. What is your current skincare regimen? There are several treatments that can alleviate congestion such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels. If in-office treatments are too pricey there are many at home treatments as well, but the results will take a little longer.

MemberMember
(@babylex)

Posted : 09/12/2017 11:02 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!
Currently I'm using the Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel, afterwards I tone my face with apple cider vinegar (diluted with water), then I use a variety of moisturizers because I have yet to find my holy grail. Sometimes I use rosehip oil, the belief moisture bomb, but typically I use the Olay all day SPF moisturizer for oily skin. Afterwards I put Aloe Vera straight from the plant all over my skin. My forehead is my only problem area :( Tonight I purchased some acne pads that contain salyclic acid. Hoping these might do something. If you have any ways  get rid of this congestion at home,  I would really appreciate any tips.  

MemberMember
(@babylex)

Posted : 09/13/2017 12:55 pm

18 hours ago, WestCoast82 said:

You have beautiful skin so don't be self conscious by any means, but I do understand everyone wants clear smooth skin. To me it looks like you're experiencing just a little bit of congestion. What is your current skincare regimen? There are several treatments that can alleviate congestion such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels. If in-office treatments are too pricey there are many at home treatments as well, but the results will take a little longer.

I submitted my reply, I have never used this website before so not sure if you get notified!

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 09/13/2017 8:06 pm

It's definetly a process of trial and error to figure out what products mesh well with your skin type. Be careful not to over dry you skin though, especially if you're using apple cider vinegar with salicylic acid. If you're not prone to true acne this can actually cause you to produce more oil and in return create a problem that doesn't exist (more acne). A fairly cheap priced moisturizer that works well for many people (including myself) is Cerve PM facial moisturizing lotion. How does your skin feel throughout the day? Dry, oily, combination?

MemberMember
(@babylex)

Posted : 09/14/2017 1:24 am

5 hours ago, WestCoast82 said:

It's definetly a process of trial and error to figure out what products mesh well with your skin type. Be careful not to over dry you skin though, especially if you're using apple cider vinegar with salicylic acid. If you're not prone to true acne this can actually cause you to produce more oil and in return create a problem that doesn't exist (more acne). A fairly cheap priced moisturizer that works well for many people (including myself) is Cerve PM facial moisturizing lotion. How does your skin feel throughout the day? Dry, oily, combination?

Definitely combination!! I get dry patches on my forehead and under my eyes, but have a pretty oily T-Zone.

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 09/14/2017 7:50 am

Your skin is most likely dehydrated if you're experiencing oily skin as well. The difference between the two is dehydrated skin lacks water, and dry skin lacks oil. When searching for products, look for ingredients like hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is wonderful for the skin and it's best if it's applied on damp skin after washing. There's affordable pure hyaluronic acid serums on Amazon for a great price. I would also look for products that are specifically for dehydrated skin. Make sure you follow up with a quality moisturizer after applying a serum (such as the Cereve PM moisturizing lotion). I hope this helps! Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@user623879)

Posted : 09/14/2017 9:13 am

On 9/12/2017 at 12:35 PM, Babylex said:

Hi everyone,
I feel kind of ridiculous posting on this website considering I was (thanks to genetics) given clear skin. Although, I do have pretty intense redness on my cheeks, nose, and center of forehead, acne is not a problem for me. My problem area is most certainly my forehead. Foundation never seems to look the best in his area, I get dry patches, redness, and what I need help on, bumps. I have had small colorless bumps on my forehead for years now. They never really bothered me because they weren't noticeable and I figured nobody has 100% perfectly clear skin. The bumps are mostly only noticeable in ugly lighting such as the bathroom and artificial areas. I feel as if the bumps are getting more severe. I am prone to eczema, so often times my forehead is red and itchy. Is there anything I can do to get of this???? I've tried rosehip oil, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, aloe vera straight from the plant .. nothing seems to work. IMG_5914.JPG I just want a clear and smooth forehead :( 

IMG_5918.JPG

Omg this is exactly like my forehead too. I have forehead spots and bumps which dont  seem to go away, whilst the rest of my skin looks really clear. Anyways, I've tried many face washes etc. that seem good and keep the rest of my skin clear however, for some reason it doesn't help in reducing my forehead bumps. I read online some people found their forehead spots to be due to fungus or something as opposed to bacteria. They say they've found luck in using head and shoulders classic shampoo and that it's cleared their skin. I tried this and after 2 days I noticed some of my forehead bumps get bigger and now look like spotson top of my skin rather  than under it. These spots are red  and dont look exactly they are ready to be popped or anything. My forehead looks worse now but I'm wondering if my foreheads going through the purging stage or if I'm reacting badly to the shampoo. Also do you think my forehead bumps are also due to congestion? I've attached some pictures 

[Edited image links out]

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 09/14/2017 7:45 pm

On 9/14/2017 at 8:13 PM, TriumphantFur said:

Omg this is exactly like my forehead too. I have forehead spots and bumps which dont seem to go away, whilst the rest of my skin looks really clear. Anyways, I've tried many face washes etc. that seem good and keep the rest of my skin clear however, for some reason it doesn't help in reducing my forehead bumps. I read online some people found their forehead spots to be due to fungus or something as opposed to bacteria. They say they've found luck in using head and shoulders classic shampoo and that it's cleared their skin. I tried this and after 2 days I noticed some of my forehead bumps get bigger and now look like spotson top of my skin rather than under it. These spots are red and dont look exactly they are ready to be popped or anything. My forehead looks worse now but I'm wondering if my foreheads going through the purging stage or if I'm reacting badly to the shampoo. Also do you think my forehead bumps are also due to congestion? I've attached some pictures

[Edited image links out]

No there shouldn't be a purging stage with malassezia folliculitis (fungal acne). You should see improvement in the bumps. Gauging from your picture they look like they're irritated. What are you currently using in your regimen?

MemberMember
(@teamhrach)

Posted : 10/02/2018 8:01 pm

I had a very bumpy forehead before and used Niacinamide by the ordinary (just a small drop on damp hands, rubbed together and then applied to the forehead) I really believe that's what smoothed my post-acne textural problems on the forehead. I have had your problem around the mouth area and went for the hydradermie facial (just once and she applied the hydra sensitive face range) and it really cleared up my skin in one session (it took a few days for all the red and white bumps to disappear).

I'd definitely recommend one facial. I didn't go for 2 years before this and only go when my skin really, really needs it because it is expensive but I find the hydradermie by guinot brilliant.
Definitely try the niacinamide by the Ordinary because it's very cheap.
Make sure your cleanser doesn't have soap in it (unless you have exceptionally oily skin).
Really research the ingredients in your products so nothing is too harsh.
Salicylic acid is fine on the odd spot occassionally but very severe on the good parts of your skin and can lead to dryness but severe breakouts too, in my experience.

Your skin does look very clear though so don't weigh in too much on this! :)

MemberMember
(@tlhough)

Posted : 09/25/2019 10:01 pm

Spotless by Rodan + Fields,please free free to reply with question.