Notifications
Clear all

Enlarged Pores and Raised Acne scars on nose

MemberMember
(@saduser)

Posted : 08/14/2017 11:49 am

Hello everyone... I'm in need of help. A year ago I had nice skin... it wasn't perfect as I had dark marks on my cheeks due to acne and also tiny holes on my right temple, but that didn't really bother me... However when 2016 was about to end I sadly lost a loved one and that made me super depressed... I became a shut in, I couldn't sleep, I ate too much and the like... I was able to get on my feet by early march 2017 and I noticed that my pores became larger.... I became very self conscious about it and so I tried to do home remedies. First, I tried ACV and I think it just made things worse! My nose became puffy and as for my pores, I think it grew too! after that I decided to stick with over the counter products like facial foams and such... I also used lemons as a toner and the results were positive... at first. Yes it did shrink my pores A BIT but then it just stopped and I was once again cursed with active acne... I then decided to go to a dermatologist and have my skin checked. She prescribed me with yet another facial foam, with the addition of a toner containing salicylic acid and a retinoid cream... now its been more than a week and I don't know what to feel about all of this.... ever since Ive been using these products, white heads appear more often... Is that normal??? is that a good sign? LOL.... I can feel the whiteheads on my skin. Theyre very easy to remove and it's quite annoying... Is it too early to start complaining?? IDK guys... I just don't feel too good about myself.... I feel like trash... I already have low self esteem ever since but now with the addition of acne scarring.... I don't know how to deal with all of this... I'm only 18!!!! that means my pores are gonna keep growing right??? Sorry if I sound so dramatic...

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/15/2017 12:11 pm

Yes your 18 and you will heal, I see no acne scars on your face, if your refreing to the PIE or PIH hyperpigmentation then yss I see that and they can use laser or retin a for this. You can try light glycolic peels on the nose for pores. The main issue I see with your skin is it still looks broken out and active, it might not even be acne, has the dermatologist tested for fungal infection or candida? The skin looks bumpy and inflamed., get a second opinion from another Derm please. Guys can wear some makeup too if you need to cover the discoloration, just put a bit on your nose of dermablend or a concealer, some dudes like tinted sunscreen.

SadUser liked
MemberMember
(@saduser)

Posted : 08/19/2017 5:44 am

On 8/16/2017 at 1:11 AM, beautifulambition said:

Yes your 18 and you will heal, I see no acne scars on your face, if your refreing to the PIE or PIH hyperpigmentation then yss I see that and they can use laser or retin a for this. You can try light glycolic peels on the nose for pores. The main issue I see with your skin is it still looks broken out and active, it might not even be acne, has the dermatologist tested for fungal infection or candida? The skin looks bumpy and inflamed., get a second opinion from another Derm please. Guys can wear some makeup too if you need to cover the discoloration, just put a bit on your nose of dermablend or a concealer, some dudes like tinted sunscreen.

actually I haven't had any acne on my nose for months... its only raised scars and i scratched one on the middle of my nose a few weeks ago thats why it looks weird... It's not that visible because of direct lighting... I have a bad camera so I just improvise... How about fillers? is it a good idea? thankss

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/19/2017 11:32 am

I gave you the treatments you need above. No filler can't be used in your nose.