Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corza000

Trying to get off antibiotics

Hello,

im 28 and I'm pretty well acne free now, well at least when I'm on my antibiotic Bactrim. When I'm not on it it's terrible!

problem is ive been on these antibiotics for years now and I hear how bad it can be to be on antibiotics long term. I have a number of other skin, hair and anxiety problems and I'm concerned it's all coming from within.

So im thinking it really is time to try and get off them again (my skin goes so bad I have to get back on) but I have no plan. Is there something I can do that might aid the transition for me. Benzoyl peroxide is not enough to cover the onslaught of acne I get when I come off the antibiotics.

thanks

Antibiotics got me clear but always stopped working after a while so I gave up on them and my acne came back worse than ever. I started taking vitamin supplements (vitamin A and zinc) starting at quite high doses and I saw a massive improvement...I slowly lowered my dose and now I just take a couple of multivitamin pills a day and my acne is under control. I also improved my diet i.e. Eat lots of fruit/veg,drink loads of water,limited dairy and generally eat healthy.