Notifications
Clear all

I can't seem to get rid of my teen acne. Can anyone help with some advice?

MemberMember
(@moniiiic)

Posted : 07/23/2017 6:35 am

Hello! I have read a lot of articles on this page and many people seem to get help. I am 17 and until one year ago my skin seemed to be perfect. It startedwith me getting little bumps like blackheads all over my cheeks and i went to get a cosmetic procedure that involved getting them all squized out really well. After that procedure my blackheads turned really swollen and some of them turned into acne spots. A couple months later i still had little blackheads but not that many and like 2-3 big acne spots that webt away ocasionally just to appear again.
I went to a dermatology doctor and they prescribed me with roaccutane and a topic treatment that i can't remember but i didn't start the treatment because of the bad reputation that roaccutane has, causing side health problems. I usedmask gel on my problem areas for quite some time but it seemed to just make my face irritated and it didn't really do anything else so i stoped and i went to another doctor that prescribed me with la roche posay effackar duo+. It seemed to work for quite some while but now it doesn't anymore. Also i was my face with la roche posay effaclar gel , use a tea tree topia treatment in my big acne spots and moisturize everywhere but not on my spots with khiel's ultra facial cream. Any advice on what i can do? Please please please hellpppp

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 07/24/2017 4:14 am

A good place to start is the Acne Treatment Options page on this website. I think you did well passing on the accutane. Your acne does not sound severe enough to justify using it.

I personallymanaged to get rid of the acne on my face and neck thanks to theacne.org regimen. I wouldstrongly urgeyou to give it a fair shot. I have gotten amazing results. If you follow the instructions closely i am positive that you will see great improvements as well! Watch some user posted success stories on youtube and the videos on the officialyoutube channelfor some inspiration.

Whatever treatment you choose next. I would recommend sticking with scientifically proven methods. The treatment options page shows a good selection!

Take care!