Notifications
Clear all

How can you stop stressing about acne?

MemberMember
(@renee_2000)

Posted : 07/22/2017 9:27 pm

My obsession with my acne has become very extreme lately it's also been making me really depressed and my self esteem is completely non existent, I haven't left my house in 5 months or been out with my friends I can barely look people in the eye I look at my face everyday andn I look at it literally all the time and I just can't stop it's like it's become an obsession I just need some tips on how I can stop overthinking because I keep thinking about worse case scenarios about what could happen :(

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/22/2017 9:46 pm

Hey Renee, I think we all know how you feel. Can you give a rundown of what you've tried so far for your acne? 

Do you hide because of what others will think of you? Or for another reason?

My skin is quickly deteriorating again after finishing isotretinoin. Not just acne, many other issues as well. Now this year I don't have the option to hide and become a hermit like I did last year. I'm stressed and depressed among other things just like you. However, regardless of if I stay inside or go out, my skin isn't gonna change. That's been getting me through these past few days. I just had to force myself to go out instead of hide like I did last year. Life goes on! Some things just take longer than others, and I know how hard it is to be patient when it comes to skin problems.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk more privately. Doesn't even have to be about acne, if you just need someone to chat to without feeling the need to hide your face, send me a message :) 

MemberMember
(@renee_2000)

Posted : 07/23/2017 12:21 am

2 hours ago, Feelishia said:

Hey Renee, I think we all know how you feel. Can you give a rundown of what you've tried so far for your acne? 

Do you hide because of what others will think of you? Or for another reason?

My skin is quickly deteriorating again after finishing isotretinoin. Not just acne, many other issues as well. Now this year I don't have the option to hide and become a hermit like I did last year. I'm stressed and depressed among other things just like you. However, regardless of if I stay inside or go out, my skin isn't gonna change. That's been getting me through these past few days. I just had to force myself to go out instead of hide like I did last year. Life goes on! Some things just take longer than others, and I know how hard it is to be patient when it comes to skin problems.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk more privately. Doesn't even have to be about acne, if you just need someone to chat to without feeling the need to hide your face, send me a message :) 

I'm on minocycline and using retin a but have noticed no results at all, I've always had a low self esteem but this has just topped it off, thank you so much and I hope things get better for you to!! :))

MemberMember
(@mb99)

Posted : 07/23/2017 8:56 am

Yep not much you can do but adopt something that will better the situation, at least that's what helped me.
For example, starting accutane is quite liberating because you know results are imminent, for majority of people ofc.
I would recommend removing sugar and carbs (specifically processed), and see how it goes. I don't think you can stop overthinking if in your mind you acne is still there. Pretty sh*tty but yeah... accept it or do something about it...
Hope this didn't bring you down lol

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/23/2017 9:22 am

Did you just get acne recently and have you been to a dermatologist? If it's hormonal, you could try birth control pills and/or spironolactone.

MemberMember
(@renee_2000)

Posted : 07/24/2017 5:54 am

20 hours ago, Feelishia said:

Did you just get acne recently and have you been to a dermatologist? If it's hormonal, you could try birth control pills and/or spironolactone.

Yes I did just get it recently I'm 16 so probably hormonal I'm guessing and I know usually every teenager gets it but it makes me upset cause I'm not used to having it yet :/ 

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/24/2017 10:43 am

4 hours ago, Renee_2000 said:
Yes I did just get it recently I'm 16 so probably hormonal I'm guessing and I know usually every teenager gets it but it makes me upset cause I'm not used to having it yet :/ 

My first and most important advice is to not pick at anything. Ever! Seriously. I will never get my smooth skin back because I picked and got scars. 
If it's hormonal teen acne, you should be able to find ways to lessen it or make it go away, just don't do anything too drastic :) Most people do grow out of their teen acne! Try to pick up some better health habits if you don't already live that way. Increase your water intake, cut back on sugar and dairy, exercise more, etc. See how that makes your skin feel.
I know exactly how you feel. I went 20 years with clear skin, so when I got acne out of nowhere, it was a shock. I'm 21 now, and still struggling with skin issues. Mostly the scars though, so please don't pick at your skin!