Notifications
Clear all

Tiny bumps and redness

MemberMember
(@superanonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2017 3:27 pm

Hello, I'm a seventeen-year-old girl and I've had this same situation going on with my skin for about four years now. I'd be thankful for any help!

These pictures are my forehead, the second one is with a flashligt:

IMG_1587.JPGIMG_1589.JPG

So, the biggest problem are those tiny bumps ALL OVER my forehead (they don't really show on the pictures but really there is no areas with no bumps). They don't itch at all, most of them are colorless but some are reddish/pink, some of them are super small and some are a bit bigger. They don't really show if you don't look closely or if the light doesn't hit them. But you can feel them and that is why I hate touching my skin. 
I've made some research and I think they could be folliculitis or clogged pores but I'm not sure.

Then, my cheeks:  

IMG_1580.JPGIMG_1627.PNG

They have a lot of redness/pink-ness and also those tiny bumps (again, the picture doesn't show everything). There are also more or less pimple kind of spots that most of the times never become actual white-headed pimples - they are just red bumps like under the skin. I also have very large pores especially on my nose and around that area but that's a smaller problem. 

I have tried zink tablets (I take one per day), rosewater as a toner, ozonated olive oil, double cleansing, green tea (I drink one cup per day) and so on - nothing has really helped. I exfoliate my skin about 3-4 times a week with the insides of a used green tea bag because it's cheap and I really can't afford anything fancy. About two months ago I stopped wearing any face make up except like from one to four times in two weeks - no effects. I've been a vegetarian for three months and I use almost no dairy and I'm now trying to cut off the sugar as much as possible. I think after becoming a vegetarian I haven't had so much big white-heads on my forehead. About a week ago I started drinking apple cider vinegar (1 tablespoon mixed with water 3 times a day) and I also started using it as a toner - no changes yet. Today I bought 98% aloe vera gel to try out. 

Does somebody have similar problems or does somebody know what this is and how can it be cleared? 
Also, if anyone has experiences about putting Nizoral on your forehead bumps or aloe vera gel, tell me, I would really appreciate it!

Lastly, sorry if my English is bad, I'm not a native speaker. 😀

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 06/27/2017 10:37 pm

Hey girl :)
What type of moisturizer do you use?
I had this problem after quitting Retin-a and found out it was because my skin was so dehydrated..
I stopped exfoliating as well for a while to get my moisture barrier back.
Do they pop out of nowhere sometimes overnight?
I use First aid beauty ultra repair cream and its helped tons :)

MemberMember
(@superanonymous)

Posted : 06/28/2017 6:50 am

7 hours ago, Aballarina said:

Hey girl :)
What type of moisturizer do you use?
I had this problem after quitting Retin-a and found out it was because my skin was so dehydrated..
I stopped exfoliating as well for a while to get my moisture barrier back.
Do they pop out of nowhere sometimes overnight?
I use First aid beauty ultra repair cream and its helped tons :)

I used ozonated olive oil as a moisturizer for about half a year. Then I switched to some other moisturizer which was meant to be very moisturizing. Now I started to use aloe vera gel as a moisturizer to see if it helps. But I keep your suggestion in mind!

And yes, usually the situation changes overnight usually to worse. But I kind of feel like my skin is stuck with this current situation. ;D Thanks for your answer!