Notifications
Clear all

Anybody know how to get rid of this type of acne

MemberMember
(@christinaaevans)

Posted : 06/28/2017 4:41 am

Hello! 
So I use to have completely clear skin (maybe one or two at a time) when I lived at home, but I moved to Manchester three years ago to study. My skin within the first week (September) broke out horribly and continued to till around March. This happen the next year. But this year it seems to be bad since Novemeber time with no signs of getting better. I've been to the doctors where they've given me various creams. I can't remember them all but I'm now on "differen" or something for about a month or just over and nothing. I've been on a antibiotic called "Lymecycline" and still nothing. I've been on a pill called "co-Cuprinol" if it's hormonal related, for almost two weeks. I'm not even too sure what sort of acne it is. I go to the gym. I get quite hot at work, as I work in a bar, but have only been there for just over two years and my skin was bad before that. All I can think of is a hormonal imbalance because I have little black hairs like a snail trial and a few hairs around my nibble which weren't there when I was at home home. Also the breakout has gotten worse over the past few days. I really want to see a dermo, but there prices are so high and the doctors are just rubbish! 
I want to know if anyone else's acne is like this (preferably women) if it is a hormonal/environment thing. What do I need to do to get rid of it? I go to the gym and try not to eat as much sugars and drink around 3 - 5 litres of water a day and a couple of green tea, barely any milk just almond. I'm getting annoyed with myself because it makes me feel quite depressed and upset sometimes when all my friends have great skin and I have terrible skin. It's really effecting my relationship with my boyfriend as well as I don't really want to go out and usually say how bad I look.
image.jpeg
Pleae someone help! :(image.jpegimage.jpg

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/28/2017 2:08 pm

Hey, i know how you feel. Heck, we all know how you feel because we're on the same boat as you - looking for a cure.

First of all don't worry because your acne isn't too bad, I'd actually say it's relatively mild and seems to just be concentrated around your headline and forehead. Hormonal acne normally situates heavily around the jaw line and chin/mouth, but not everyone is the same, but most often that's what happens. Are you on any birth control?

I am taking a guess and think it could be due to sweating maybe at the gym, what's your skin care regime like? Do you wash your face as soon as you finish working out? Do you also wear makeup a lot?

I used to have similar acne like this but mines changes depending which medication I'm on so for the most part it's mainly just smaller tiny bumps/pimples scattered over my face just now.

MemberMember
(@christinaaevans)

Posted : 07/04/2017 8:04 am

Hello!
thank you for getting back to me :)
i don't wear foundation, i just do I make up because I'm worried it'll get worse! I do wash my face a hour before I go to the gym and straight afterwards with salt water. I use proper stuff at night and in the morning. 
When im at the gym, I sweat quite a lot and they always seem more red afterwards!
i don't really want to quit going though so it's frustrating!
i drink plenty of water, green tea and low sugar foods 
I'm on birth control called co dydramol for almost 3 weeks now and no changes yet! I've been on antibiotics but the doctor told me to stop so that we can aee if it's hormonal! I also use differen jel at night 
I have small bumps and raised red ones too 
I feel like it's getting worse rather than better but it just makes me feel so bad!

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/04/2017 9:44 am

Birth control takes a minimum of 3 months (or potentially longer) to show effects. So at 3 weeks that wouldn't be enough time to tell. If you got acne and new hair growth out of nowhere, it could be a sign of PCOS, which is managed by birth control. Another hormonal medication you can take in addition to your birth control is Spironolactone. Just keep in mind, with hormonal treatments of acne, there's always the possibility of your acne coming back if you stop the medications.

MemberMember
(@christinaaevans)

Posted : 07/05/2017 4:17 am

Okay thank you. Maybe I just need to wait it out but they seem at that worst at the moment! I'm just hoping that it's flushing the bad stuff out...hopefully 
I'm just so fed up. No one in my family has had skin like mine so I just don't understand :(

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/05/2017 8:46 am

No worries, we've all got a story here or something we don't understand lol. I was clear for 20 years then got acne out of nowhere. It's gone now but I got left with scars from when I picked at my face. So I always advise people not to pick at anything!