Notifications
Clear all

I'm in need of advice for my scars

MemberMember
(@jepb)

Posted : 06/18/2017 4:40 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been lurking in this forum for over four years now but haven't actually found the guts to post yet. So firstly, thank you to all the members for the valuable info here.

Thankfully, I don't suffer from acne anymore (thanks to a year long dose of Accutane).

I've finished my round of Accutane over six months ago so I'm now trying to find the preferred route of treatment for my depressed acne scars.

I'm really hoping there's a solution for my scarring, at least to minimize their appearance, I feel like my life has been turned upside down and all people see when they see me is my scarring. It's really hard to accept that, so if you could please explain to me what type of scars these are and their level of severity I think it would really help me towards finding the best possible solutions for them. Since I'm actually completely clueless at what type of scarring I have (some days I think they're icepicks, others I see them as rolling scars).

I've attached some overhead lighting pics (with make up on, I think this way they look like ice pick scars) and some front facing ones with flash (this is when they sort of look like rolling scars, it's pretty confusing).

Also, I am a 22 years old woman based in Barcelona, Spain so if anyone knows of good dermatologists or plastic surgeons that would be amazing.

Thank you.

1497753348360.jpeg

1497753566213.jpeg

1497753672350.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/19/2017 1:16 pm

There are very few Dermatologists I know in EU, med spas are fine too. The ones I have are UK, Denmark. I am sure you can find something better than me through review sites, realself.com might have some reviews but they are not geared towards the EU.

Jepb liked
MemberMember
(@jepb)

Posted : 06/20/2017 8:19 am

Thank you beautifulambition! I really appreciate the help.
I just have one more question, do you think I should also incorporate suction along with the subcisions?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/20/2017 4:29 pm

Surely filler if its feasable should be used,if you cant have/afford filler then you should suction as adviced from other info going round on net to stop retethering.
:)

MemberMember
(@jepb)

Posted : 06/20/2017 8:21 pm

3 hours ago, Quadboy said:

Surely filler if its feasable should be used,if you cant have/afford filler then you should suction as adviced from other info going round on net to stop retethering.
:)

I'll ask for fillers along the subcisions then. Thank you Quadboy! I really appreciate the help.