Notifications
Clear all

Bumpy forehead

MemberMember
(@j_g_93)

Posted : 06/07/2017 7:12 am

I'm kind of at my whits end. I've always had great skin, maybe a random pimple around the time of the month. However around last November I wanted to try to go all natural in my skin care. So I started to use a vegetable based soap with tea tree oil and Jude's jojoba and rose hip oil to mosturize. Well apparently over two months my once smooth forehead developed all these freaking bumps. Now since January I've been trying without success to beat them. I'll admit I didn't introduce the products in slowly because I legit have never used acne products before.
i used:
clasisonic - was told by an ethetician I was over doing it in feb and I stopped
paulas choice bha lotion- used it for a month... admittedly too much which was twice a day. I either purged or broke out badly because I got acne in places I've never had it before
drunk Elephant aha- used for a month nightly and again I think it was too harsh of my skin.

what im using now (all new to me from before my clogged pores eruption)
morning: 
cerave hydrating fase wash 
algae serum (pure + simple)
paulas choice lotion with spf 30

night:
Clinique cleansing balm
cerave hydrating face wash
2-3x weekly Paula's choice bha liquid
algae serum
black mud lotion from Martina gerbhardt

so any advice would be appreciated. It's really hurting my self esteem. I even got bangs to hide the problem and lord knows that was a bad idea so now I'm pinning them up. I just started using the bha again this week (only once) because im hoping my skin just hates the lotion bha.IMG_0153.JPG

MemberMember
(@athletic-man)

Posted : 06/09/2017 2:50 am

I'm in the same boat as you as far as it affecting your self esteem. I'm 26 and I am feeling like, "Is this really happening to me again? I'm out of high school. Just go away acne. Lol"

Have you tried taking any supplements? I'm currently taking a ton, just trying to find something that will work. Zinc
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Magnesium
Fish Oil
L-cysteine
ALA
Curcumin
Inositol (This could help potentially more than other supplements being as it is supposed to help women with hormonal acne, if that's the case for you?)
etc. etc.
How about honey masks? Green tea? Turmeric? These seem to help a "tiny" bit for me.
Have you tried Benzoyl Peroxide? Try 2.5% solution one and see how it goes. It seems like that would take care of your forehead acne relatively quickly.

Despite having some acne on your forehead, you're still a very attractive woman and I think most guys would look past that. Don't get too down on yourself.

MemberMember
(@j_g_93)

Posted : 06/10/2017 6:49 am

On 2017-06-09 at 3:50 AM, Athletic Man said:

I'm in the same boat as you as far as it affecting your self esteem. I'm 26 and I am feeling like, "Is this really happening to me again? I'm out of high school. Just go away acne. Lol"

Have you tried taking any supplements? I'm currently taking a ton, just trying to find something that will work. Zinc
Fermented Cod Liver Oil
Magnesium
Fish Oil
L-cysteine
ALA
Curcumin
Inositol (This could help potentially more than other supplements being as it is supposed to help women with hormonal acne, if that's the case for you?)
etc. etc.
How about honey masks? Green tea? Turmeric? These seem to help a "tiny" bit for me.
Have you tried Benzoyl Peroxide? Try 2.5% solution one and see how it goes. It seems like that would take care of your forehead acne relatively quickly.

Despite having some acne on your forehead, you're still a very attractive woman and I think most guys would look past that. Don't get too down on yourself.

I forgot to mention I had been seeing a nateopath since triedthe whole supplement thing. I just got prescribed benzaclin... slightly scared it will dry out my face but it's worth a try!
i appreciate your nice words.. I know it's probably more apparent to me and not others, I just have to work through that self confidence piece.

MemberMember
(@sarah88s)

Posted : 08/15/2017 5:54 am

I need to share this with you! I suffered from bumps over my forehead exactly like you and I can tell you this - no spot or acne cream will treat it. I can tell you why. The problem is YEAST!!

I didn't believe it myself until I tried the solution. Buy some Nizoral which is an anti dandruf shampoo and clean your forehead with it every night for a week and those spots will all disappear. I am so glad I found out about this so had to reply to this thread to tell you all!

MemberMember
(@fjame)

Posted : 09/04/2017 7:44 pm

Hello--

Your skin looks pretty much exactly like mine did. And I agree with Athletic Man, and will take it a step further, you're a hottie! Anyway, what worked for me was a vitman B5 megadose. Not sure how you feel about taking a lot of pills everyday, but I can say with a great deal of confidence that it works! If you're open to it, I'm happy to help with any questions. Either way, good luck and don't worry. If all else fails just grow out some killer bangs lol

MemberMember
(@j_g_93)

Posted : 01/03/2018 9:42 pm

On 8/15/2017 at 5:54 AM, sarah88s said:

I need to share this with you! I suffered from bumps over my forehead exactly like you and I can tell you this - no spot or acne cream will treat it. I can tell you why. The problem is YEAST!!

I didn't believe it myself until I tried the solution. Buy some Nizoral which is an anti dandruf shampoo and clean your forehead with it every night for a week and those spots will all disappear. I am so glad I found out about this so had to reply to this thread to tell you all!

I actually tried this a month ago. Unfortunately for me it didn't do anything for me except dry my face out. Im glad it worked for you :) 

On 9/4/2017 at 7:44 PM, FJame said:

Hello--

Your skin looks pretty much exactly like mine did. And I agree with Athletic Man, and will take it a step further, you're a hottie! Anyway, what worked for me was a vitman B5 megadose. Not sure how you feel about taking a lot of pills everyday, but I can say with a great deal of confidence that it works! If you're open to it, I'm happy to help with any questions. Either way, good luck and don't worry. If all else fails just grow out some killer bangs lol

I've made some progress but still battling with these buggers. What exactly does the B5 mega dose entail?