Notifications
Clear all

When is Accutane supposed to clear you?

MemberMember
(@raub)

Posted : 05/04/2017 4:49 pm

4th months into Accutane and I'm much better than before starting the course, but I'm still breaking out sometimes. I also have scars remaining and they don't seem to fade away... there are 2 months left till the end of my course, I take 40 mg daily, I'm 70 kg. I see improvements, but I expected much more to be honest. What can I expect for the two remaining months? Will there be something major? Also I heard Accutane continues to work even after finishing the course, is that true? And what about the scars, will they fade away?

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 05/05/2017 2:17 pm

It is quite slow process, at least it has been for me. I'm soon done with 8 months and I have had the same dose as you. Though I have improved a lot, I still get occasional spots so I probably will need to continue even longer, I'm guessing it's going to be around 10 months, will need to discuss with my doctor about it. I wouldnt worry about it thought, as most people seem to get fully rid of acne after the first treatment, but seems like I'm one of the unlucky ones...

The scars will usually heal once the medications is over,

MemberMember
(@blenkins90)

Posted : 05/06/2017 12:11 am

Sadly, I don't think the scars are going to go away. Accutane doesn't really take care of that persay (didn't for me at least). But typically in the last few months of the regimen, things start to clear up significantly. I took it for almost a year, and the last 3-4 months were very very clear, compared to the first 6.

As numberone said, it's a slow process.