Notifications
Clear all

Soon finishing my isotretinon treatment

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 05/05/2017 10:30 am

Hey, I have had acne for around 5 years now and I got prescription for it almost 8 months ago.
Prescription was 8 months of isotretinon 40mg per day. Now I only have a week to go.
Medicine has sure greatly improved my face but I still get maybe 1 or 2 small zits in a week. They are not bothering me much really since it is a lot less than what is used to be and they are quite mild, but I'm afraid that if I stop taking the medicine, it will get worse, back to the starting point.
If I do recall correctly, the doctor told me that I should maybe ask for more isotretinon if I still have acne at the end of the course.
Has anyone had similar experince? I was just really hoping to finally get off of it, since a lot of you know the side effects can become a bit exhausting, also I was hoping to maybe drink few alcholic beverages this summer you know... It can get bit awkward when your friends are asking you to a bar but you just have to come up with some excuse always. I dont really like talking about the acne... Not to mention it is pretty awkward being the only one with acne in your age class.

What I'm simply asking is that will my acne get worse now if I don't ask for more medicine
Hope I could expain it clearly enough

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 06/22/2017 7:11 pm

I don't think it should if you have taken the required dosage, but then everyone's skin is different, so lets hope it doesn't get worse