Notifications
Clear all

scab thats not healing PLEASE HELP!

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 04/20/2017 7:41 pm

Hey guys id realllllllly appreciate some help. my sisters graduation is in florida and Im supposed to leave next friday to attend. However, i had two tiny white heads healing about an inch from each other and then a pretty large cyst came up in between the two and then started oozing and became raw so it turned this whole area on my upper cheek into a giant mess. its been about a week and a half (will be two weeks on Monday) and it still hasn't healed. Parts of it flaked away and left red shiny skin and then some parts just look like its a really thick piece of dead chunky skin but if i were to remove it it would be raw underneath.

Heres what I've tried:

-keeping it moist with neosporin aquaphor and a bandaid for days at a time
-just airing it out/letting it dry
-suuthe skin repair (essential oils, shea butter, bees wax, usually heals my wounds in under 3 days)
-aloe
-zinc oxide

nothing has worked..the past few days its looked the same and its just bleh. but its not painful or anything so i don't think its infected..just not healing. can anyone please help me with how to heal it? I'm desperate because i only have one more week to heal it.

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 04/20/2017 10:54 pm

messing with cystic acne can cause some nasty scars. I had a cyst a while back that i tried popping and it caused a scar near the side of my mouth. I then picked the scab away and iced it and also used neosporin but no luck, it was just way too bad. its healed now for the most part but there is a nasty mark there. My advice to you: Let your body naturally heal it. I've had my experiences with these and the best thing you can do is just leave it alone. ice it maybe a couple times a day to reduce redness/swelling/blood flow to the area but thats it. dont pick it, nothing, just leave it for a while. nothing is going to magically make it disappear within a day or so. People say neosporin works well and all but our bodies are designed to naturally heal wounds. If you use a treatment or your on the regimen, whatever you do, continue doing that and be super gentle in that area, but other than that just leave it and let it heal. Scabs look nasty and gross, but it is your bodies natural defense to let the wound heal. I feel you on this, I know you want a quick fix but trust me, the best thing to do is leave it alone, the more you do, the more you'll irritate that area and also increase the chance of getting another breakout there.