Notifications
Clear all

Large cyst

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 04/21/2017 8:16 am

Hello!

I have been battling severe cystic acne for the past three months, seemingly out of nowhere. Through a very strict regimen, I have managed to clear up most of it. While I am left with many scars, I'm hoping those will fill in with time.

However, I have a rather large area on my face (about 1 inch wide and 1/2 inch large) that is hard to the touch and raised. From this spot, multiple inflamed cysts continue to rise. When one FINALLY heals, another forms. What can I do to stop this cycle?

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/22/2017 4:35 am

Cystic acne Ive recently began to believe is usually cured mostly by having to go on 'the pill'. (Birth control). If thats not something your ok with, ask your dr for a script for 'Epiduo'. (The next best thing to try) Its a cream that you apply at night only and as its very strong, you can only get it via a script from a dr or dermatologist. But thats here in Australia and im not sure where you are but that cream is worth it. Ive been on it for 5 weeks now and once I hit the 4 week mark, I had ZERO cysts! Im not sure how severe your cysts are, but its worth ssking your dr about this cream. There are side effects that are common, redness, stinging, burning that are uncomfortable but once you push past that, its SO worth it! My skin is already so much better. My acne was only moderate but this works.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/22/2017 1:19 pm

in my experience creams,washes and touching just seem to make these type of cysts worse.

might be hard but if you really want to break the cycle i would say leave that infected area alone. don't touch or even wash it for a 3-5 days.

.. that the only thing what works for me when i get these lumps.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 04/22/2017 6:23 pm

Half of my face looks like this. The giant red spot is where the cysts keep appearing. It is pretty gruesome. I went from completely clear skin to this. :(

IMG_9542.JPG