Notifications
Clear all

Does brain fog and inattentiveness subside under Accutane?

MemberMember
(@bbmotg)

Posted : 04/15/2017 3:45 pm

I've been on Accutane for about a week now and the medication is having a deleterious impact on my attention span. I can't focus on one task for more than 30 minutes before my mind wanders off onto something else; I feel like a different person. As I student, I find this particularly worrying as I have upcoming mock examinations that are going to play a pretty big role in my future. In other words, if my concentration problems don't subside, my life might be permanently screwed.

What should I do? Should I stop taking Roaccutane or do concentration issues subside?

MemberMember
(@accuity_drane)

Posted : 04/18/2017 3:34 pm

This is just a heads-up that the FDA states you should discontinue the drug and see a doctor if you have symptoms relating to "school or work performance going down, or trouble concentrating." Later in that same statement, the FDA does acknowledge that quitting the drug isn't always enough to curtail these effects: "Discontinuation of treatment may be insufficient and further evaluation may be necessary."Personally, my Accutane treatment ended in July 2012 and I still suffer from cloudy thinking, brain fog, and anhedonia. Best of luck. It's admirable that you stay so vigilant of your body.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 04/19/2017 6:59 am

1 week and already have adverse side effects is not good.
accutane does have a negative impact on study and the knock on affect of this on future study and career can be devastating.

Think about it - this drug is affecting your brain!!

MemberMember
(@cnb30)

Posted : 04/19/2017 12:29 pm

On 4/15/2017 at 4:45 PM, BBMOTG said:

I've been on Accutane for about a week now and the medication is having a deleterious impact on my attention span. I can't focus on one task for more than 30 minutes before my mind wanders off onto something else; I feel like a different person. As I student, I find this particularly worrying as I have upcoming mock examinations that are going to play a pretty big role in my future. In other words, if my concentration problems don't subside, my life might be permanently screwed.

What should I do? Should I stop taking Roaccutane or do concentration issues subside?

Get off of it RIGHT NOW for your own good. You are taking a chemo drug which messes with your brain, and permaneantly suchs you dry of emotions, motivation, libido, and much more. Do anything in your power to stop. Don't even ingest ONE more pill of that psychologically manipulating poison.