Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madcrow

What happened to my face??

Felt my chin was a bit itchy one day and notice something white that I thought looked like dry flaky skin but when I woke up it turned into this. This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Help????

IMG_4709.JPG

Have you changed facial cleansers lately or have a diet change? Did you pop a white head the day prior?

The flakey thing almost sounds like it could be fungal acne, but I'm not sure it would cause so many white heads. 

I can't say I know what's happening, but I wanted to reach out just to show my support. Whiteheads used to  have such an emotional toll on me. Know you're not alone.

I'm not a doctor, but this looks like seborrheic dermatitis or folliculitis - it might be worth doing some reading into these conditions.

It appearing over night like that is quite unusual though. You should really see a dermatologist. In the mean time - I'm a big advocate for natural solutions where possible - I think applying some raw honey to the affected area as a mask and leaving it on for as long as possible (anything from 1-5 hours) should really calm down the irritation and act as a mild antibiotic.

Good luck! Hope it clears up soon.