Notifications
Clear all

Accutane - can I dye/highlight my hair?

MemberMember
(@worrierbetty)

Posted : 01/04/2017 7:05 am

Hi

I'm 30yo and I've been taking Roaccutane (30mg) for about a month now.
I'm doing ok so far, only symptoms are very dry lips and very slight flaking of skin on my face (mostly nose). In the first 2 weeks I had a lot of itching on my scalp, around my nose and forehead. This has calmed down now.

Now to my question - I was planning on having a makeover and cutting my (very long brown) hair short and dying it red which I imagine would involve bleaching (i am going to a hairdresser). I just remembered the Roaccutane and now I'm worried. There are no warnings about dying hair in the care leaflet with the medicine but I'm still not sure..? Do you think ombre or balayage would be safer? or not do it at all?

My hair seems fine at the moment but I have been washing it less since starting Roaccutane, it used to get greasy after a day. I guess I'm more worried about my scalp.

MemberMember
(@gabbi281)

Posted : 01/04/2017 11:54 am

i've been on roaccutane since september (40mg) and from then to now ive had my hair done 3 times, once highlighted and twice balayage and its been fine.

My scalp was a little sensitive but wasn't nothing to worry about.
i told my hairdresser i was on the tablets and she said it wasn't a problem and they also had a shampoo for sensitive skin which was nice.

MemberMember
(@brendan452)

Posted : 02/27/2021 10:35 am

My hair is so shitty