Notifications
Clear all

Wondering If I have Scars or Hyperpigmentation?

MemberMember
(@ramy-h)

Posted : 01/04/2017 10:04 am

Hello,
last summer I had acne all over my right cheeks, after going to the dermatologist He prescribed me to take Locacid and cytacnyl every day. My face totally break out and made me so embarrased and haven't found improvement in the 2 months treatment but my face keep getting worse so the DC prescribed me duac gel to apply every morning along with those 2 ( alternating between them every night), still no improvement. Then the doctor told me to try Granoduxy ( doxycycline) as a pill it did somehow help with my acne but my face started to peeling yellow peels so I got so frustrated and used a corticosteroid cream and did however clear all the peeling and most breakouts but now after Stopping the doxycycline I started to have more whiteheads but the thing is I was wondering what are those things on my face like red patches plus I have a big round pimple that is getting solid to touch.
P.S: I have no pain at all from my acne and wash my face everyday twice.
P.P.S:  I have stopped all the treatments hoping to let my face heal itself but i'm afraid i have scars or PIH.
So plz guys if anyone have some medications that I can try that really do miracles It would be appreciatedIMG_7719.JPGIMG_7721.JPGIMG_7720.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/04/2017 10:12 am

IF these are fresh they are PIE. Please see "skin: reds" in the below FAQ. PIE differs from PIH depending on when you press with a finger if it goes away or not. PIE is not a scar.

For PIE your best bet is V-beam laser to get rid of the red.

For PIH typically Skin bleach is used and Retin A.

AS you are breaking out with fresh cysts this makes me believe it's PIE. You need to get this under control or you will continue to have fresh red marks from the wounds. Please get the advice of a second dermatologist, and don't tell him what the first is doing. This way you can choose which you feel more comfortable with.