Notifications
Clear all

Starting roaccutane!

MemberMember
(@saml98)

Posted : 12/31/2016 4:56 am

Hey!

So I'm due to be starting roaccutane within the next month. I've tried so many acne medications & creams over the past 5-6 years or so, and finally I'm taking the leap to get roaccutane. As an 18 y/o girl, who has friends with perfect skin, it definitely makes you feel even more self conscious. I suffer with cystic acne that is mainly concentrated on my forehead and chin, and also my back, which as you know, is painful af.

I was supposed to be moving onto roaccutane around the start of May this year but we had rare, hot, sunny weather in England and that completely cleared my acne. My dermatology said to wait because my skin looked great, then if it flared up, come back. But i went on holiday to Greece where the weather was 40°+ every day, which boosted my skin even more & it was great! But inevitably, after coming home, the spots soon returned.

I'm kinda excited to start the course; the thought of clear skin which I haven't had for the entirety of my teen years, as well as the thought of not taking 30 minutes to do my make up  try some conceal the spots makes me emotional lol. However, I have a next level phobia of blood tests. Obviously you need the blood test to start, then every month to monitor your health but every time I've had a blood test I go really light headed, sweat, feel like I'm going to vom then pretty much pass out. Last time I had some crazy anxiety attack and struggled to get my breathing right. 

Does anyone have any solutions of how they overcome the blood test? I know it sounds stupid but that's the only thing I'm fearing about starting!

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 12/31/2016 2:42 pm

9 hours ago, SamL98 said:

Does anyone have any solutions of how they overcome the blood test? I know it sounds stupid but that's the only thing I'm fearing about starting!

Just don't look at the needle. I've had several blood tests and honestly it's nothing, nowhere near as unpleasant as you imagine. It's a tiny scratch and that's it. I've had worse paper cuts. Just psyche yourself up with some determination.

As for your skin, it bodes well that it responded so well simply to sunshine. I think Roaccutane will definitely have the desired effect for you.

SamL98 liked
MemberMember
(@saml98)

Posted : 12/31/2016 5:46 pm

I do usually look as far away from the needle as possible. I just hate my head feeling as though it's being drained of every ounce of life out of it! I'm fortunate enough to have good health so I never have blood tests; I guess I'll get used to it each month after a while.

Fingers crossed I'll see good results!