Notifications
Clear all

Been on accutane one week, getting hit full blast

MemberMember
(@invert12)

Posted : 12/30/2016 8:05 pm

I started accutane 7 days ago and am very dry which is to be expected. I didn't really have an IB it was just full-on dryness and started healing right away.

But now I have tightness in my chest, rib pain, my heart feels weird (not sure if this is tane or heartburn).

anyways I seen my deem today with my concerns and he just said I had inflammation and gave me a prescription for Naproxen. It has helped a bit but pain is still there.

anyways I'm scared but looking for some assurance. Is this normal? I feel like this could be serious or am I just being a baby.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/02/2017 9:45 pm

I am not sure if your pain has subsided or not, but it is listed in the rx information of Accutane that it can cause chest pain. There have been reports of people experiencing rib pain also, which may be due to the fact Accutane can effect the bones, joints, muscles etc. You said your heart feels weird....is it heart rate? Some have experienced heart burn or developed reflux from taking Accutane, make sure you are not dehydrated and I would definitely if it does not get better call back your doctor. I am not sure of your dosage, but it may be to high or Accutane has not agreed with you.

Good Luck!