Advice?

MemberMember
(@smapdi84)

Posted : 12/29/2016 9:39 am

I have a bad habit of getting frustrated when I try to squeeze a pimple and it doesn't come out. Recently I once again tried to get a small pimple out and forced far too much when it resisted and bruised and cut into my skin creating a fingertip sized damaged blotch of skin...

Luckily its more on the side of my face (near my temple) so a small bandaid isn't terribly embarrassing, but I don't know the best route. I've done this before, so maybe I'm just looking for support.. but I feel the only thing I can do now is keep bandaids on it and let it scab and heal? I know I never pushed out the 'clog' but feel any additional attempts would be useless and its more important to let my skin fix the wound I created... any advice or support is appreciated.

MemberMember
(@hominid)

Posted : 12/29/2016 12:52 pm

Don't worry, I was terrible for doing this as well.

Just always, always, make sure you only squeeze when your skin is soft after soaking it, and always start gently - but ultimately you'll just have to learn to recognise when squeezing will not work and stop yourself.

Why not stick a note on the mirror to remind you?

MemberMember
(@smapdi84)

Posted : 12/29/2016 3:42 pm

Thanks, it really has me down for letting myself do it again and having to deal with the stress/anxiety of an ugly healing spot (and not knowing when to let the scab form or when to squeeze again, etc). Just the response helps ha. Thanks again