Notifications
Clear all

Teenage Boy with Rosacea?

MemberMember
(@ioandavies)

Posted : 12/17/2016 7:11 am

Hello, my name's Ioan, and I'm 16 years old. 
I've been struggling with my skin for the past 2-3 years. It all started with a few breakouts here and there, but nothing really serious. But then they started to escalate and covered all of my forehead. My forehead was always red after this, so I visited my GP, and was prescribed Zineryt for acne. Which then cleared everything. But skip 2-3 years down the line, and many other medication being used (for acne) like Isotretonoin gel, doxycycline, duac... I'm now stuck with bright red skin, covered in bumps and I flush near enough everyday. I feel my face burning and then I'm bright red. I've seen my GP and have been sent to a dermatologist, but they're still calling it acne. 
I need help. I can't deal with this anymore. It's so embarrassing, and I hate seeing myself in the mirror. How can I stop the constant redness? 

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/17/2016 11:03 pm

Hi there! Try not to beat yourself up about it. I found the calmer I was about my breakouts, the easier it was to get them to go away. On my blog I explain my all natural skin care routine, the internal supplements being the most important:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blogs/entry/32202-how-to-heal/

best of luck, and please reach out with any questions!! :)

MemberMember
(@jasmine-215)

Posted : 12/21/2016 11:56 pm

Hi Ioan,

I know some people don't take the problems of young people seriously, but believe me, you deserve relief from this!

I've had Rosacea since 1987 and I know how frustrating it can be. You might want to try a product called Zenmed products for Rosacea, and they also have some things for Acne. A dermatologist may prescribe tetracyclines for you, as they have helped me in the past. Also, lasers are a well-known go-to treatment for the past 20 years or so. I don't know where you live, but some countries health insurance will cover the cost, it might be considered cosmetic though.

I have also used an herbal pill called Rosadyn Plus. It seems to help me with flushing and redness, might want to look into that! Their home office is in the California, in the U.S.

Good luck my dear!

Jasmine