Notifications
Clear all

Would like input from those who have seen results from vitamin D3

MemberMember
(@michelleh45)

Posted : 12/09/2016 12:25 pm

Hi all, I'm a 21 year old female and I've been battling mild to moderate acne since I was about 11 years old. I've been to doctors and dermatologists who have all just sent me home with benzoyl peroxide and every antibiotic you can think of. Those things temporarily helped but never got me 100 percent clear. I've tried changing my diet and no longer eat gluten or dairy. I've done the paleo diet for about 5 months with no results. I eat a generally healthy and low glycemic diet. I've tried vitex, estroblock, evening primrose oil, fish oil, zinc, vitamin c, milk thistle & a few others with minimal results but never clear. I'm currently taking probiotics which have helped with inflammation, am currently taking saw palmetto which reduces my skins oiliness but not completely, and have now started taking vitamin d3 & am on my second week. The first week of starting the d3, my skin became twice as oily...which is not what I hear of others who have taken vitamin d. Now, my skins oiliness is a bit reduced but not eliminated as others claim. I started vitamin d because my skin is always better in the summer and I always break out more during the winter, originally I thought it was because I was too harsh and drying on my skin, but with more research I noticed a lot of people break out due to a vitamin d deficiency. I thought that was not possible for me since I live in Florida, & do not stay inside all day. But I am currently waiting to go to the doctor to get blood tests to see if this may be the issue. I would like anybody's input on how long it took them to see results from taking vitamin d3, and if there was a difference between taking the soft gels vs tablets. Also, I'm taking 8000 iu daily. Any input or encouragement would help, I've become so desperate to find something that will work for me. I'm tired of this skin condition controlling my life!!

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 12/11/2016 9:56 pm

On 12/9/2016 at 0:25 PM, MichelleH45 said:

Hi all, I'm a 21 year old female and I've been battling mild to moderate acne since I was about 11 years old. I've been to doctors and dermatologists who have all just sent me home with benzoyl peroxide and every antibiotic you can think of. Those things temporarily helped but never got me 100 percent clear. I've tried changing my diet and no longer eat gluten or dairy. I've done the paleo diet for about 5 months with no results. I eat a generally healthy and low glycemic diet. I've tried vitex, estroblock, evening primrose oil, fish oil, zinc, vitamin c, milk thistle & a few others with minimal results but never clear. I'm currently taking probiotics which have helped with inflammation, am currently taking saw palmetto which reduces my skins oiliness but not completely, and have now started taking vitamin d3 & am on my second week. The first week of starting the d3, my skin became twice as oily...which is not what I hear of others who have taken vitamin d. Now, my skins oiliness is a bit reduced but not eliminated as others claim. I started vitamin d because my skin is always better in the summer and I always break out more during the winter, originally I thought it was because I was too harsh and drying on my skin, but with more research I noticed a lot of people break out due to a vitamin d deficiency. I thought that was not possible for me since I live in Florida, & do not stay inside all day. But I am currently waiting to go to the doctor to get blood tests to see if this may be the issue. I would like anybody's input on how long it took them to see results from taking vitamin d3, and if there was a difference between taking the soft gels vs tablets. Also, I'm taking 8000 iu daily. Any input or encouragement would help, I've become so desperate to find something that will work for me. I'm tired of this skin condition controlling my life!!

Hello, Vitamin D3 has dramatically improved my acne and oilyness. You should take Vitamin Code Raw D3 2000 IU per day because many of the other brands have nasty additives. I found that when i took 8000 IU, my skin became way too dry. I also began drinking baking soda once per day around the same time that i began D3, so my success may be a combo of both. The next paragraph lists all of the other things that i am doing. Note that i was doing all of these thing before starting D3 and baking soda with almost no success. I'm about 90% clear now.

I also avoid dairy, animal products, caffeine, processed foods, white sugar, white flour, alcohol, and grains that are not sprouted. I also sleep 7-8 hours a night and do at least 5 minutes of cardio per day. I wash my face with raw organic honey, treat with Dan's BP, and rotate moisturizers between Dan's moisturizer, AHA and Alba Botanica's green tea and aloe one twice per day. I wash my hair, body, laundry, and dishes with Dr. Bronner's liquid soap and don't use any chemical cleaners. I also bought a $20 shower filter which i think has helped with a new shower head (i only wash my face with this filtered water and i found that my old shower head was filthy). I also dry my face after washing with paper towels instead of a wash cloth. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@michelleh45)

Posted : 12/11/2016 10:40 pm

@O WowThank you for your response! How long did it take you to see results with vitamin d3?

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 12/17/2016 8:16 pm

On 12/11/2016 at 10:40 PM, MichelleH45 said:
@O WowThank you for your response! How long did it take you to see results with vitamin d3?

I saw a reduction of oilyness from taking D3 within two days. I forgot to mention that you need to take Magnesium with D3 in order for it to be absorbed (apparently). I take a liquid magnesium and add it to my shakes.