Notifications
Clear all

Advice on my Scarring

MemberMember
(@tinklikeasurfer)

Posted : 11/30/2016 3:54 pm

Hi there, I am new to acne.org and I was just wondering if any one of you knowledgeable members can assist me with figuring out a plan for my scarring. I am not sure if these are enlarged pores or icepick scars.
I am in my 20s and on accutane so acne is not active and hasnt been for a while, the scars are mainly a result of hormonal changes from birth control in my teens. While i do not intend to do any scar treatment until after im off accutne, I still would like to get a head start.
I realize this is mild scarring but it is very disheartening; any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

unnamed.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/01/2016 6:39 am

I would have to see a better picture but enlarged pores and icepicks can both be treated with TCA cross see the faq below. I also have a section on "enlarged pores" and things to try before you do TCA Cross in the faq below.

MemberMember
(@tinklikeasurfer)

Posted : 12/01/2016 1:56 pm

thank you @beautifulambition I was also wondering if the accutane could possibly make the scars look a bit smaller in general? I was just wondering the basic types of treatment for this type of scarring, but i will try to find a clear picture.