Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin making acne worse? PLEASE HELP

MemberMember
(@lcar)

Posted : 11/19/2016 5:23 pm

I'm 16 and was put on .025% tretinoin 10 weeks ago. Before, only had mild acne on my forehead and chin as well as some hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. Now, even though my forehead and chin have actually cleared, I'm experiencing pretty bad breakouts on my cheeks where I NEVER got acne. They're hard pimples under the surface which won't go away, even though they don't really hurt. I know that the purging stage of tretinoin is only supposed to last a few weeks, so I'm very concerned and afraid that my skin will be ruined. I have another dermatologist scheduled for 3 weeks from now, but I was hoping someone had advice for me until then based on their own experiences.
Note: I'm also using a benzoyl peroxide perscription in the mornings (I used it before on its own and it really helped my acne)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@cosmin-mihai)

Posted : 11/20/2016 6:59 pm

It s still initial breakout , don t freak out. It s pretty normal ,YOU will get beter.

LCar and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 11/20/2016 8:00 pm

My initial breakout on tretinoin lasted like 3 months. With that said, if you don't have oily skin, tretinoin will work for you. It didn't for me cause I was still oily, so now I'm on accutane.

LCar and DeLovely liked