Notifications
Clear all

Can't Find Cause for Sudden, Painful Acne

MemberMember
(@fezzesarecool524)

Posted : 11/18/2016 3:11 am

My breakout started about a month ago and has steadily progressed into a painful, red nightmare. As a rule, I do not have acne except for a lot of blackheads. When I do, it is one large pimple centered around my nose or a stress pimple on my chin. But now I am COVERED. Places I've never had acne are burning and inflamed.
It started as what I thought was an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. My pores were raised and hard on my nose, back, chin but had no pain. Then, this week, little pimples popped up. Then larger. Then my chin and edges of my nose started burning and developing whiteheads. Even the dry parts of my combo skin are turning red. And my lips are strangely dry.
No new products. No new medications after stopping the antibiotics. There has been a lot of stress, but when I get stressed, it's one blind pimple. I have PCOS but am on birth control. There is a wildfire, but I don't go outside much. I'm on an antidepressant, but does that even factor in? It is mild appearance-wise, but it is so inflamed it is hot to the touch!
A dermatologist can't see me for two months, and I can't figure out if this is a fluke or has a cause I can correct.
Please help me.

MemberMember
(@skeptic_)

Posted : 11/20/2016 2:18 pm

First thing that came to mind when you mentioned you were on antibiotics and then you said you're on birth control pills is a Candida overgrowth. Are you having issues with fatigue, brain fog, a white coating on your tongue, and digestive issues? If so, I would cut out sugar, wheat and caffeine. Look up the candida diet for things to avoid and things to add to your diet. Probiotics, plenty of vitamins, fermented foods such as kimchee, kefir and kombucha, dark leafy greens, coconut oil, turmeric and oil of oregano should help things get back to normal and clear/heal your skin.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)