Notifications
Clear all

acne overtime/vegan acne

MemberMember
(@alanis66)

Posted : 11/04/2016 3:03 pm

Hi! I'm Alanis. I started getting acne for the first time ever about a year and a half ago. I'm eighteen. When I first went to my doctor with the issue, I had pretty bad acne on my forehead, the upper cheeks under my eyes and by my nose, and chin. My doctor gave me doxycycline and epiduo. I was only given doxycycline for about a week and I'm using the stronger upiduo now. Since then my acne became under control. I became vegan, tried murad products, Paula's choice, Proactive moisturizer, (cetaphil breaks me out badly) and even saw a dermatologist. My dermatologist said my acne wasn't that bad (but for never having acne and its now spreading, it's bad for me!) so she did next to nothing for me. My acne was getting better at times and then the same. Now, I have acne on my actual cheeks/side of face and all the same spots it was before except the forehead. My face also gets a lot of redness, it's sensitive and typically oily. Like I said, I never had this problem before so it's emotionally draining to go from nice skin to what seems like a mess now. Does anyone have some specific tips/dietary knowledge?

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/04/2016 5:54 pm

2 hours ago, Alanis66 said:

Hi! I'm Alanis. I started getting acne for the first time ever about a year and a half ago. I'm eighteen. When I first went to my doctor with the issue, I had pretty bad acne on my forehead, the upper cheeks under my eyes and by my nose, and chin. My doctor gave me doxycycline and epiduo. I was only given doxycycline for about a week and I'm using the stronger upiduo now. Since then my acne became under control. I became vegan, tried murad products, Paula's choice, Proactive moisturizer, (cetaphil breaks me out badly) and even saw a dermatologist. My dermatologist said my acne wasn't that bad (but for never having acne and its now spreading, it's bad for me!) so she did next to nothing for me. My acne was getting better at times and then the same. Now, I have acne on my actual cheeks/side of face and all the same spots it was before except the forehead. My face also gets a lot of redness, it's sensitive and typically oily. Like I said, I never had this problem before so it's emotionally draining to go from nice skin to what seems like a mess now. Does anyone have some specific tips/dietary knowledge?

Well avoiddairy products.

Sometimes we can also try doing too many things. Paulas Choice was very rough for my skin. Some Murad products are ok, but pretty average over all. A simple routine is the best you can have. My is almost 100% clear now, i do some 25% lactic acid treatments weekly, and 12% TCA sometimes. You can buy it on eBay, it is way better than buying too many different products from brands.

Btw bad experience with Epiduo too, Clindoxyl is way better. I broke out from Epiduo.

Alanis66 liked
MemberMember
(@alanis66)

Posted : 11/08/2016 2:23 pm

Thanks! like I said, I'm vegan so I haven't had any milk/dairy. but I feel like the Epiduo doesn't work too well? and I've told my doctor and a dermatologist so but they just dismissed me and said my face didn't "look that bad". I just tried not using the epiduo and just washing/moisturizing and I'm not sure if it helped, kind of the same. I just tried African Black soap and my forehead broke out for the first time in like year but I heard your face could "purge"? not sure. I'm only going to use the ABS 2-3 times a week and moisturize well. ?? SUCH AN ANNOYING PROCESS THIS IS

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 11/08/2016 4:52 pm

2 hours ago, Alanis66 said:

Thanks! like I said, I'm vegan so I haven't had any milk/dairy. but I feel like the Epiduo doesn't work too well? and I've told my doctor and a dermatologist so but they just dismissed me and said my face didn't "look that bad". I just tried not using the epiduo and just washing/moisturizing and I'm not sure if it helped, kind of the same. I just tried African Black soap and my forehead broke out for the first time in like year but I heard your face could "purge"? not sure. I'm only going to use the ABS 2-3 times a week and moisturize well. ?? SUCH AN ANNOYING PROCESS THIS IS

The internet can come up with many suggestions, i think you can google many things to beat acne, but not so many of the suggestions are true.

I would never use soap in general in my face. Use a gentle cleanser for instance exuviance, do your own peelings with AHA.

You can eat as healthy as you do and still break out if the skin is treated wrong. Epiduo broke me out too, they should have something else to offer you.