Notifications
Clear all

Does African Black soap help with acne/scars?

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 10/13/2016 4:34 pm

Hi you all, 

So I'm currently weaning off Doxycycline Hyclate 100 mg to 40 mg of Oracea (same antibiotic just low dose) and my acne is flaring up like I have pointy ass zits I guess its under the skin they just get super pointy (idk what type of acne it is) but I think its going to be a pustule ? Idk, but anyways I am using topically is in the AM Aczone gel and PM Ziana. I guess for the topicals, I have to wait it out to help cure the flare-up since I am weaning off. But I'm thinking about beefing up my routine possibly swapping out my facial cleanser with Raw African Black Soap does it really help with dark marks? Because even though the antibiotic cleared up my marks w/ aczone combined. But I am now getting new acne hence NEW dark marks . My marks are weird they get like red when the acne is active and then start turning dark red/purply red I don't know my dark spots are weird. But anyways , also thinking about using glycolic acid cleanser or black soap ? What do you all think. Love to hear it ! thanks 

SIDE NOTE: I used to use a moisturizer its main ingredients were Shea Butter and Mineral Oil and that shit fucked my skin up. Like every time I used it I would get DEEP under the skin zits that were so sore to even touch. So for the Black Soap ABSOLUTELY NO SHEA BUTTER OR MINERAL OIL . Please , I don't know why theres so many Black Soaps made with Shea Butter if you use a black soap that doesn't have that in it please tell me where you got it from. Also what do you all think about Glycolic Acid Cleanser (thinking about buying Mario Badescue) or African Black Soap your thoughts and experiences on either product greatly appreaciate it .

Thanks again, 
Melmmg

MemberMember
(@mystubbornskin)

Posted : 10/27/2016 1:40 am

I have tried both African black soap and glycolic acid lotion and toner 10%. In my personal experience the African black soap did help a little with my acne but didn't show much improvement with the acne scars i scar VERY easily and they'd be a brownish red. However, the glycolic acid has significantly helped my skin and acne scars. My acne is gone and my scars are hardly noticeable. Also, you should try a flaxseed face mask. You take ground flaxseeds and make a mask with water apply it to your face and leave it on for 25 mins. This significantly helped my skin and acne scars in just one application it was unbelievable

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 10/27/2016 3:52 pm

14 hours ago, User566304 said:

I have tried both African black soap and glycolic acid lotion and toner 10%. In my personal experience the African black soap did help a little with my acne but didn't show much improvement with the acne scars i scar VERY easily and they'd be a brownish red. However, the glycolic acid has significantly helped my skin and acne scars. My acne is gone and my scars are hardly noticeable. Also, you should try a flaxseed face mask. You take ground flaxseeds and make a mask with water apply it to your face and leave it on for 25 mins. This significantly helped my skin and acne scars in just one application it was unbelievable

I'll definitely look into the flaxseed, so AHA helped you with your acne? like what type of acne do you have? cause I get under the skin bumps that then come to the surface and turn into pustules. Because people say don't use it , if you still have acne only use it to treat for scars but then theres people who say it helped clear up their acne. Btw what AHA do you use ?