Notifications
Clear all

Acne sun lamps

MemberMember
(@kindlypear)

Posted : 10/01/2016 6:59 am

I've had acne for a couple of years now and have tried loads of different topical creams and antibiotics but nothing has worked. My mum won't let me take roaccutane and the only thing that she's up for letting me try is an acne sun lamp. They're supposed to have the same effect that the Sun does on skin and have had really good reviews on the websites you buy them from, but has anyone used one before? And can anyone recommend a type/brand of lamp to buy?
I'm resorting to trying this lamp because my acne is generally a bit better in the summer or when I go on holiday to a hot country, so I'm really hoping that using this lamp on my face every day might be the solution because I'm starting to lose hope a bit and my acne is really effecting my confidence and self-esteem.
Any advice or help or recommendations would be really helpful:) and I would suggest trying an acne sun lamp to people who, like me, have tried a lot of treatments but nothing seems to makes any difference!

Thank you very much

MemberMember
(@watertower)

Posted : 09/30/2017 5:09 pm

Regular sunlamps work better.

the acne lamps, blue and red light lamps, that you can buy, don't do much for me.

tanning lamps, used for regular short sessions every other day, work pretty well.