Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oliver0305

How long after stopping Accutane (Isotretinoin) can I get a tattoo?

Hi there, I will be stopping accutane soon (I have decided to end my course early because of health concerns) and I am considering getting a tattoo. I know that you can give blood after one month of stopping taking the medication so I presume that means it is out of your system? I have also read that some people were advised to not have tattoo work done until atleast SIX months after their course had finished.

I am am very confused to the lengths of time involved as everyone seems to say something different? I have been on 30mg a day for approximately 6-7 weeks. Although, I have not taken any accutane for the last 2 weeks as I haven run out of tablets (I am supposed to be getting some more tablets next week should I want to continue the medication, which I don't ).

Any help/advice is really appreciated.

I would definitely wait to get a tattoo for a couple of months. Accutane can lower the immune system, slow wound healing and thin the skin in some.