Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wassupkid

BP and Subcision?

Hi guys,

I'll be getting subcision for some of my scars and am worried that using BP would affect the results. Doctors recommend that people stop accutane for a few months before having subcision done due to its impairing skin healing. If I understand correctly, BP works by drying the skin out.

When your skin adjusts to BP (that is, when your skin stops flaking), is this because your skin learns to produce more sebum in order to balance out the dryness caused by BP, or is this because your skin just gets used to being dry?

If I moisturize properly, and my skin isn't flaking any more from BP, would it have any negative impact on my healing from subcision? I won't be using BP at least for 24 hours after subcision so that the open wounds close up by then.

Also, another question: does the regimen moisturizer cause weird skin color?

Thanks.

i wouldn't risk it to be honest cause it's a peeling agent so don't risk it if you're going to do it i wouldn't personally use BP just my advice though i would keep it safe