Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I'm a girl, 15. I've had trouble with acne for almost two years. I'm very very insecure about my skin. I wash my face two times a day with dove soap because every face wash i try either doesn't help or makes it worse. I use moisturizer too. My friend used proactiv and her skin cleared up pretty much flawless. I've also heard proactiv is bad for your skin. Could someone help me? So far I have had only trouble only on my forehead. My acne started when I was in middle school I used to pick at pimples not knowing it was bad. After that my forehead has em  irritated and bad. Please someone. Redness on forehead and little bumps. Btw these pictures were taken after I washed my face.

IMG_6458.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

Hello

You should avoid using soap on your face. Use a gentle cleanser instead. Follow by smearing a lot of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel or cream across your entire forehead. Then moisturize with a nonmedicated and nonirritating moisturizer (basically the Acne.org Regimen). If you want to clear your skin, the easiest and most effective thing to do is to medicate it with benzoyl peroxide. Washing/cleansing does not help acne.

Edited by Control Panel
awkward phrasing