Notifications
Clear all

20 second video showcasing what life is like with acne-scars.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 08/15/2016 7:36 pm

Grade 3 or above acne scars entails you to this:

Many of us are currently living the life of David Aames from Vanilla Sky (minus the rich millionaire aspect)

Perhaps putting-on-a-mask and leaving it on for the rest of our lives is the #1 treatment?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 08/15/2016 8:14 pm

Cool. What are you doing to fix/improve it though? That's what matters.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/16/2016 12:02 am

Aw man, that was harsh to watch.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/16/2016 3:38 am

My life is definitely not like that. Most people never really say anything at all. Sure, it's there but it will only affect people's opinion of you if you let it. Shit man, it's just skin. Yes, it is different from other people's skin but so what?

I just figured out that you can like totally accept yourself, flaws and all, and just go for it. Keep your head high. I swear it's the best thing you will ever do.

Putting this shit up is not doing anything at all. I think this forum is just here to bring everyone down...

reillknull, fade95, Jade11 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 08/16/2016 4:29 am

This is crap! That is unreal, it's how much you let scaring define your life that ruins it. Shit! I find myself wondering all the time if I had known this would happen I'd have done everything differently, but it's done now and nothing can change the past. All we can do now is improve them as much as what are willing to go through and accept that we'll never have baby ass skin again.

It's a sad truth, live with that shit! Bringing everyone down including yourself will get you nowhere. Maybe you meant for the post to be just a little sarcastic or maybe you really meant what you posted but if you are suffering from BDD you should talk to someone, even a close relative can help.

MemberMember
(@ambergris)

Posted : 08/20/2016 2:57 pm

The character from that movie doesn't even have scars. His face is disfigured from an accident. Disfigurement is way worse than what we deal with.

il90 liked
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/24/2016 9:31 pm

I came into this topic a day before a big interview for a position I really desired. I've barely left my house since I starting scar treatments so I was really nervous. I've gotten nasty comments and uncomfortable stares in the past. This video hit me hard because I feel like that's what people think when they look at me. I read some of the positive comments here and just went ahead and put myself out there.

I got the job. ^_^ I nearly cried when I heard the news because this is the most progress I've made in my life since these scars started dragging me down. I'm not a mild case, my face is covered. Even so, physical and mental progress is possible. Thank you everyone who sent out kind words when this stranger needed an emotional lift.

MemberMember
(@acnesufferer353)

Posted : 08/25/2016 1:50 am

Well seeing as only a few people interested and you might be thinking im still experimenting something and i am well aware that you dont want to risk your skin.

Anyway, I sincerely hope my idea can help you. So there it goes have you seen anyone use hot water compressed 60-70 degree celcius in cotton cloth and hold onto scars area 1-2minutes? But before this you will need to get the supplement "solgar dry vitamin A tablet form" which contain retinyl palmitate 5000IU and L-ascorbic acid 10mg and crush one tablet into powdery form. After that wet the scars area with some water and your fingers as well because you will be using your finger to dap on the powder so it will stick to your fingers and start to apply it on the scars areas massaging for 30sec - 1minutes. After that use the cotton cloth/pad /wrapped into ball to absorb the hot water(60-70 degree) and hold onto your scars areas for 1-2minutes. If you find it too hot you can try press release press release until you doesnt feel much of the heat and hold it for 1-2minutes. You can repeat the procedure 2-3times per day but not too frequent like 2-3times/week so that let the scars have enough time to heal. I think basically this idea is to speed up the scars healing process to maximum. (It definitely speed up the healing in my case). The last part and most important is youMUSTwash it off with AHA cleanser or gentle mild cleanser or any type coz it seems to clogged a bit pores. You can also consume the supplement too if you want. I used nixodem once in a while to clear up the clogged pores. It is totally up to you when you want to do this treatment during weekend or before sleep so that the next morning the redness side effect has already subsided.

The after effect you get is some temporary redness after some time it will subside maybe like 1-2hours. You can apply makeup if you cannot wait. This might best suit for those with fresh scars, im not sure about old scars and deep indented. You might wanna give it a try if you like it :-), I think this works on hyperpigmentation/post inflammation too to shorten healing time by a lot. Yeah..

WARNINGThe scars areas will be a bit sensitive so if you are not wearing make up you can apply some sun screen when going outdoors.
There will be a slight dizziness so it might not suitable for weak heart/low blood pressure/low blood sugar.

Well thats pretty much it. I hope it helps 🙂 Feel free to ask me anything

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/25/2016 10:39 am

On 8/20/2016 at 0:57 PM, ambergris said:

The character from that movie doesn't even have scars. His face is disfigured from an accident. Disfigurement is way worse than what we deal with.

My forehead was disfigured from an accident. So yeah, this video sort of sums up my life. Except I don't have to wear a full mask, I just always have to wear a hat or hair in my face. And unlike the movie they will never be able to reconstruct my face.A nurse this week confirmed that I had muscle damage in my accident and that is why the whole left side of my forehead doesn't move right. This is permanent and cannot be improved.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 09/13/2016 10:15 pm

I just watched this movie the other day. It made me very depressed. People used to tell me I looked like Penelope Cruz. But now, I am like Tom Cruise, except my facial prosthetic is in the form of a hat.

On a serious note, I followed up with the plastic surgeon who did my scar revision surgery today. He told me that my scar did not heal ideally and there was nothing he could do to make it better. It's over for me. I'm fucked.