Notifications
Clear all

PERIORAL DERMATITIS BATTLE (pics!!!)

MemberMember
(@kkgirl190)

Posted : 08/10/2016 9:47 pm

Hi everyone so I have been battling this frustrating skin condition called perioral dermatitis for several months. It started back in November when I started get red bumps around my mouth and was diagnosed with perioral dermatitis by a dermatologist. She then prescribed me a cream and a 6 week dose of doxycycline. The doxy cleared my skin and for 6 months, I had no breakouts. However, in late June I noticed the dermatitis returning. Now it is back to how it was. I am using Osmia Organics black clay face soap once a day followed by the purely simple face cream. I've tried every single natural remedy including apple cider vinegar, and so forth. My question is should I just wait this one out or should I go on the antibiotics again? I'm not looking for temporary relief. I'm looking for a cure. I don't want to harm myself by taking more antibiotics because I know they kill all your good bacteria. Any advice is appreciated! This has really had an impact on my self esteem because it's so hard to cover with makeup :(

MemberMember
(@skincaregal)

Posted : 03/03/2017 9:45 pm

Did you ever find anything to help your perioral dermatitis? I just got this for the fisrt time. Have you tried using Selsun Blue shampoo on the areas? I am using Selsun Blue on my perioral dermatitis and then applying Lotrimin Ultra -- Seems to be clearing it all up! I also shampooed with the Selsun Blue and washed my eyebrows and eyelashes with it (with my eyes closed, obviously) to kill any potential demodex that could be causing the condition. Sounds weird but you can also apply Vagisil after the Lotrimin to relieve any pain.