Notifications
Clear all

Will Tests For Accutane Show Marijuana?

MemberMember
(@jddahl19)

Posted : 08/09/2016 8:51 pm

I was just prescribed Accutane, or isotretinoin, by my Dermatologist a couple days ago and got the first round of blood work done for it today. I have read on multiple forums that they don't check for THC in your blood work but that isn't what worries me. Along with three different blood tests they are giving me a urine analysis. I read that they will give women urine tests to see if they are pregnant but I am a male so that obviously can't be why they took a urine sample from me. Is there any other reason they would test my urine before prescribing Accutane or are they checking for drugs such as marijuana? I would like to know so I can either put my worrying to rest or fess up to my parents before they are told. Also, I am 17 years old so my parents could have asked for a drug test without my consent but its very unlikely since they are not suspicious of me at all and if they wanted to drug test me they would go down to CVS and test me themselves instead of paying for the lab work to get me tested. Plus, my parents had nothing to do with the planning of the tests, we went to my dermatologist three days ago and he set everything up for us.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/10/2016 12:01 pm

No, don't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/10/2016 1:44 pm

Hahah chill they wont be looking for it ;)

I went on accutane ages ago and they did diddly squat to me no tests no nothing (im in aus btw)