Notifications
Clear all

Birth control not working?

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 08/04/2016 12:31 am

I'm feeling really discouraged and I don't know what else to do. I've been on birth control for almost 6 months (in about a week or so) and it's been up and it's been down. I have clear skin for like a week and then breakout. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. I thought birth control was meant to work after 5 months. I hate seeing clear skin and then breaking out instantly overnight. Does anyone have similar experiences?

MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 08/11/2016 9:03 am

Me again here. Me with the same problem here. Guess it were not those 3 months we were waiting for to get clear skin... Are you going to try something new? 
It's so weird, acne has all to do with hormones, we are taking pills to get steady hormones for over a half year and the pimples are still coming :( 

katy22 liked
MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 08/11/2016 2:58 pm

Hey! I know, it's so frustrating. This whole month has been horrible, although some of my pimples are fading now but I have a feeling they're going to come back. Maybe it will work at around 6-8 months for us. Is your birth control helping your period or cramps? Mine isn't... 

1 minute ago, katy22 said:

Hey! I know, it's so frustrating. This whole month has been horrible, although some of my pimples are fading now but I have a feeling they're going to come back. Maybe it will work at around 6-8 months for us. Is your birth control helping your period or cramps? Mine isn't... 

5 hours ago, fade95 said:

Me again here. Me with the same problem here. Guess it were not those 3 months we were waiting for to get clear skin... Are you going to try something new? 
It's so weird, acne has all to do with hormones, we are taking pills to get steady hormones for over a half year and the pimples are still coming :( 

Also, I am not gonna try anything new yet and try sticking with it for one more month or so. Maybe it will kick in.. Are You?

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/11/2016 4:45 pm

On 8/4/2016 at 0:31 AM, katy22 said:

I'm feeling really discouraged and I don't know what else to do. I've been on birth control for almost 6 months (in about a week or so) and it's been up and it's been down. I have clear skin for like a week and then breakout. I don't know how much longer I can stand this. I thought birth control was meant to work after 5 months. I hate seeing clear skin and then breaking out instantly overnight. Does anyone have similar experiences?

yeah I get that. Im on antibiotics for my acne and I was starting to get clear near the end of last week then BAM, I get 5 new pimples on my forehead over the weekend. Now I am starting to look better but Im just afraid of another breakout. Im seeing my derm next Friday and Im going to push him to prescribe me isotretinoin since I know that''ll definitely work.

MemberMember
(@fade95)

Posted : 08/12/2016 12:46 am

Ah same :( The last 2 months I constantly keep breaking out. Yeah I hope it will work eventually. Maybe even after a year? Anyway I'm deff not going to quit with BC. I still have high hopes for the future. 
And same, I'm not going to try out new vitamins, topical creams or whatever is left (not much tho Xd)
About the cramps I don't have them anymore. Are yours really bad? 

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 08/12/2016 1:13 pm

12 hours ago, fade95 said:

Ah same :( The last 2 months I constantly keep breaking out. Yeah I hope it will work eventually. Maybe even after a year? Anyway I'm deff not going to quit with BC. I still have high hopes for the future. 
And same, I'm not going to try out new vitamins, topical creams or whatever is left (not much tho Xd)
About the cramps I don't have them anymore. Are yours really bad? 

Yeah I really don't wanna give up just in case it will start working soon. My cheeks are clearing up a little so that's good. Yeah I still get really bad cramps but it's fine, it's just that my period is so heavy and it's annoying.

20 hours ago, acne scar obsession said:
On August 4, 2016 at 1:31 AM, katy22 said:

yeah I get that. Im on antibiotics for my acne and I was starting to get clear near the end of last week then BAM, I get 5 new pimples on my forehead over the weekend. Now I am starting to look better but Im just afraid of another breakout. Im seeing my derm next Friday and Im going to push him  to prescribe me isotretinoin since I know that''ll definitely work.

Yeah same! I got a bunch of whiteheads on my forehead all at the same time. It sucks because you're clear for a while and then you breakout and it makes you constantly paranoid. 

MemberMember

Posted : 08/12/2016 1:30 pm

7 minutes ago, katy22 said:
Yeah I really don't wanna give up just in case it will start working soon. My cheeks are clearing up a little so that's good. Yeah I still get really bad cramps but it's fine, it's just that my period is so heavy and it's annoying. Yeah same! I got a bunch of whiteheads on my forehead all at the same time. It sucks because you're clear for a while and then you breakout and it makes you constantly paranoid.

I was able to move my appointment to Monday! Im so happy because school starts in less than two weeks and I wanna be clear of pimples by then. Ill still have some scars but thats nothing compared to pimples and scars, thats just a terrible combination to deal with. I hope you clear up completely! For me getting completely clear is important because if not Ill be getting at least a few pimples every week and each pimple leaves a red mark that takes forever to fade or even worse a scar.

MemberMember
(@katy22)

Posted : 08/12/2016 2:35 pm

1 hour ago, acne scar obsession said:
I was able to move my appointment to Monday! Im so happy because school starts in less than two weeks and I wanna be clear of pimples by then. Ill still have some scars but thats nothing compared to pimples and scars, thats just a terrible combination to deal with. I hope you clear up completely! For me getting completely clear is important because if not Ill be getting at least a few pimples every week and each pimple leaves a red mark that takes forever to fade or even worse a scar.

Yeah I totally agree! I really wanted to be clear by school time but I doubt it will happen. I'm glad you're seeing your doctor though! Have you tried any scar treatments?

MemberMember

Posted : 08/12/2016 5:53 pm

3 hours ago, katy22 said:
4 hours ago, acne scar obsession said:

Yeah I totally agree! I really wanted to be clear by school time but I doubt it will happen. I'm glad you're seeing your doctor though! Have you tried any scar treatments?

Yeah Im currently using tretinoin cream and it seems to be softening my scarring since its shallow. I have also used a dermaroller on myself like 5 times, and even though it was only with .5mm needle length I still think improvement was made. I dont even care about my scarring anymore....my breakout this summer made me realize that I looked fine before.