Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline help? Desperate

MemberMember
(@kiralouise2001)

Posted : 08/03/2016 1:42 pm

Hi, I'm 14 years old and for the past year I have been suffering with spots. I've tried everything freederm to proactive+ nothing has worked 8 days ago I went to the doctors and they prescribed me with doxycycline one a day. But today I have realized there are more spots on my forehead...they say it gets worse before it gets better..is that true for this. If this happened to you how long did it take to clear. I have quite a oily t-zone so would it be more bacterial than hormonal ? PLEASE HELP IM DESPERATE

btw I just woke up dont judge looool 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@ioandavies)

Posted : 08/03/2016 4:59 pm

I've been on doxy for 6 months! I should really come off it, but I'm hoping a miracle will happen. It hasn't don't hardly anything for me.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 08/03/2016 5:20 pm

Doxy works after about 1-2 months. And yes, it gets worse before it gets better. I am on it now, and it is beginning to get better.
Keep taking it, I hope it will work for you!
🙂

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/03/2016 8:03 pm

It does get worse before it gets better! Follow through with it. By the way everyone! When taking antibiotics, make sure to get some probiotic sources (Supplements/yogurt/Kefir), especially when coming off of it.

Oh and OP, make sure you're following directions of not taking calcium/dairy products 2 hours before and after, or else it'll reduce absorption or whatever.

MemberMember
(@kiralouise2001)

Posted : 08/04/2016 8:33 am

15 hours ago, WadeX said:

Doxy works after about 1-2 months. And yes, it gets worse before it gets better. I am on it now, and it is beginning to get better. 
Keep taking it, I hope it will work for you!
:)

Would it still work if I have cystic acne on my forehead ? 

15 hours ago, Ioandavies said:

I've been on doxy for 6 months! I should really come off it, but I'm hoping a miracle will happen. It hasn't don't hardly anything for me. 

You should come off it as you are probably immune to the antibiotic now it will be harder to get a result 

MemberMember
(@dermania)

Posted : 08/06/2016 9:03 pm

I cannot say if it gets worse before better on Doxy because I started it the same time as Adapalene, a topical retinoid. The purging from the retinoid was so bad I can't even say if there was anything "worse" happening with the Doxy. But I believe doxy has prevented breakouts from occurring on my neck, back, and chest (been on it almost 2 months). As for my face, I think it is calming things down but hard to tell with this stupid retinoid (which I will be quitting!!)

MemberMember
(@umas)

Posted : 08/07/2016 12:14 pm

It's weird that's you had been prescribed oral antibiotics for such mild acne. Do you use something topical also?

MemberMember
(@kiralouise2001)

Posted : 08/14/2016 8:58 am

Do you mean like creams ? If it is then yeah I have tried them but it don't work for me So I use pure tea tree oil

On August 7, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Umas said:

It's weird that's you had been prescribed oral antibiotics for such mild acne. Do you use something topical also?

Do you mean like creams if so I have tried creams but it don't work so I just use pure tea tree oil

MemberMember
(@umas)

Posted : 08/14/2016 9:44 am

40 minutes ago, Kiralouise2001 said:

Do you mean like creams ? If it is then yeah I have tried them but it don't work for me So I use pure tea tree oil

Do you mean like creams if so I have tried creams but it don't work so I just use pure tea tree oil

There are many different creams. Did you use topical antibiotic? Combo benzoyl perodixe + retinoid is also very good. BP reduces bacteria, and retinoid deals with the blackheads(you need something to deal with them because topical/oral antibiotics don't have effect on them). Did you try supplementing with zinc? It looks like you have clear most of the face, only some minor problems on forehead so maybe you rub towel too much(for example when you wash your hair) on your forehead. Those are only suspicions because of course I don't know you, so it's hard to say what causes you your acne. Oral antibiotics seems too much in your situation, it's better to seek for what causes you this acne although it's mild acne, and you are 14 so I would say it's normal and it's better to resere oral antibiotics when they are really needed.

MemberMember
(@kiralouise2001)

Posted : 08/15/2016 3:09 pm

On August 14, 2016 at 3:44 PM, Umas said:
There are many different creams. Did you use topical antibiotic? Combo benzoyl perodixe + retinoid is also very good. BP reduces bacteria, and retinoid deals with the blackheads(you need something to deal with them because topical/oral antibiotics don't have effect on them). Did you try supplementing with zinc? It looks like you have clear most of the face, only some minor problems on forehead so maybe you rub towel too much(for example when you wash your hair) on your forehead. Those are only suspicions because of course I don't know you, so it's hard to say what causes you your acne. Oral antibiotics seems too much in your situation, it's better to seek for what causes you this acne although it's mild acne, and you are 14 so I would say it's normal and it's better to resere oral antibiotics when they are really needed.

Some one recommended skin therapy cream. But I'm not sure as I don't want to use something that will trigger my acne more. I do rub my face a lot to feel the spots as I do get down by them but it's a habit. And how would I get them supplements as I'm not good at taking tablets

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/22/2016 6:44 pm

In all honesty, your acne is not bad at all. Please get off the antibiotics. They cleared me up for sometime and then my skin broke out worse that ever before. They sometimes damage your gut and make you sensitive to foods you weren't before. For example, sugar breaks me out a lot now. Please stay away from them.