Notifications
Clear all

Need a night time moisturizer that wont break me out!

MemberMember
(@aly97)

Posted : 07/23/2016 1:57 pm

So, just as the title suggests, i am looking for a moisturizer that i can use at night that wont break me out or clog up my pores. I am finding it a bit difficult to find one and i am super cautious of buying random stuff or trying new things every other day, so i need good recommendations!

Just a little history of my skin:
I am FINALLY getting over my acne (over a year long struggle) my skin is super oily, but occasionally can have a few tiny dry patches, because i use tactupump (more commonly known as epiduo, which is a LIFE SAVER) i still get an occasional pimple here and there, but i do have acne hyperpigmentation left over, no acne scars, so i need something i can use with this medication at night.

My skin care routine as of right now:
Morning:
1. wash face with cetaphil
2. moisturize entire face with neutrogena sensitive skin moisturizer

Night:
1. wash face with cetaphil again
2. tone face with simple soothing toner
3. (this is when i would moisturize)
4. about 1 1/2 - 2 hours later before bed, i use my tactupump medication

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@mikklen)

Posted : 07/23/2016 4:44 pm

I have been using avene light moisturiser with SPF and it is the first I have ever used to feel weightless and not one bit greasy. I have problems with closed comedones and recently overcame cystic acne, I used this all throughout my holiday and had no breakouts what so ever which is rare, and have continued to use it and still my skin is clearing whilst I've been moisturising for the first time!! I've also heard cerave is good but this avene stuff has been perfect for me.

MemberMember
(@aly97)

Posted : 07/23/2016 8:10 pm

3 hours ago, mikklen said:

I have been using avene light moisturiser with SPF and it is the first I have ever used to feel weightless and not one bit greasy. I have problems with closed comedones and recently overcame cystic acne, I used this all throughout my holiday and had no breakouts what so ever which is rare, and have continued to use it and still my skin is clearing whilst I've been moisturising for the first time!! I've also heard cerave is good but this avene stuff has been perfect for me.

do you use that moisturizer at night? even with the SPF in it? ive heard using SPF at night while you sleep isnt the best... i had a bad experience with cerave before, so im trying not to use any of their products again haha, it was a nightmare!

MemberMember
(@mikklen)

Posted : 07/24/2016 2:42 pm

I never heard it was a bad thing, the same avene moisturiser is available without SPF I just happened to pick up the one with spf!

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/25/2016 4:47 pm

Use a non comodegenic moisturizer. (It is labeled on the package)

What that means is it won't break out your skin or clog pores. I use Aveeno, but neutrogena, acne.org, and other companies make good ones!