Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline?

MemberMember
(@rds1818)

Posted : 07/21/2016 12:54 pm

My dermatologist said he would write me a prescription for Doxycycline but he said I would only be able to take it for a short amount of time. I'm wondering what everyone's experience is with Doxycycline? Was there a bad initial breakout? How long to see results? I have mild acne on my forehead and chin and occasional cystic acne usually around the time I get my period.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@marielola)

Posted : 07/24/2016 5:08 am

Hi!
Ive been on doxycycline along with clyndimycin and hydrocortisone Cream for cystic acne(tried didferin and epiduo no go) the doxy
helps with infection because I have a bad picking habit. I showed a slight improvement,no initial break out, hard on my stomach. I researched my conditions and began an OTC anti-fungal treatment about 2 days ago, great results. This is just my story,it may work wonders for you, my case was fungal and yours may not be. Good luck & God bless

rds1818 liked
MemberMember
(@katkit0598)

Posted : 08/08/2016 9:59 am

I dont think Doxy should cause an initial breakout. In fact, my derm prescribed me Doxy in order to combat the initial breakout from my adapalene 0.1%. Ive only been using the doxy for about a month and I am totally seeing results, but because im using it in combination with other products I cant be sure how much the doxy is contributing. I do know that when i had my initial breakout from my adapalene, it was pretty minimal, which might be because of the doxycycline.

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/22/2016 6:54 pm

Ok stay away from doxy. If you have chin and mouth acne like me, yes doxy will work for sometime but once you get resistant to it, it will come back much worse. Trust me on this! The biggest mistake I ever made was getting on antibiotics when I was 15. Please try staying away from it. Mild acne is much much better than permanently messing up your insides.

MemberMember
(@jmkel)

Posted : 02/09/2017 4:20 pm

I've been on doxycycline for 4 weeks now worked a treat straight away and 2 weeks in I started breaking out a lot but I was using benzac 5% face wash and that does make you purge. My skins calmed down a lot but still not good :/ I'm getting worried it isn't working 

MemberMember
(@moomoocow)

Posted : 02/09/2017 11:12 pm

ive taken doxy for one month twice, it didnt really do much for my acne and I was still breaking out.