Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3rdeye

Acne For 9 years

Im 23 years old  and i have had acne for 9 years now, i have  gone to 3 different dermatologists and nothing cures it
Theres times were my face is clean but other where its completly bursts with cysts , should i just accept it and live with it  or wait for a miracle ???

There is a whole bunch of things you can certainly try.

From your derm visit I assume they have lead you down the path of BP and SA cream treatments. 
Have you tired antibiotics such as minocycline or bactrim?

More importantly I would definitely visit this sites Diet and Holistic section. Ruling out food triggers have worked for many people.

Then there is the last case scenario of accutane

Already did accutane for a long time it worked and i was able to get a clear skin for 1.5 years.
But now i keep getting acne anyway and i just dont know what to do anymore, its not a lot but i get 1/2 really painful cysts every month and it just sucks

I know the feeling of dealing with it for so long and being hopeless. I've had acne for 7 years. Had clear skin in high school, but developed adult acne in my mid 20's. Now in my 30's. Accurate worked wonders for me, but acne came back about 8 months later. Would do a 2nd course if I could, but can't health-wise. DKR keeps my skin from getting super bad, but it's still bad enough that I don't feel comfortable dating. Just keep trying different things until something hopefully works and keep your chin up! 

I know the feeling..... 24 and been dealing with it 10 years as well. That said it's been a lot better the past year *fingers crossed* because of a combination of Epiduo and cutting out all dairy from my diet. If I eat dairy by mistake I always break out again, sometimes with cysts. It's not pretty! Maybe test to see if there are any food types that might be triggering your continued breakouts.