Notifications
Clear all

My sister cleared her skin.. can i?

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 07/01/2016 2:11 am

Hey guys!! 

So, my sister has the clearest of skin and although she never really had acne problems, she gave me these tips for clearer skin!! I'm going to use them and stick to them and tell you how my skin clears up in the following months! 

Background to my skin:Acne ONLY on my forehead. I pick at it relentlessly to the point where it looks like my face is an exploding tomato -- gross. I don't have any acne on my cheeks or chin. Little clogged pores on nose and under eye cheeky area. Other than that, my forehead is the place where it is NASTY. gross. can't even look at myself in the mirror. I actually dig my nails in so far into my skin to pop pimples the skin will stay red there for days.... i'm killing my skin.

Her RULES AND TIPS: 

1. Never ever touch your face.... under any circumstances. 
i. cover mirrors
ii. use incentives
iii. just don't pop anything

2. use all natural skincare cleanser companies 

3. no crazy drying products -- no spot treatment in general

4. only wash your face once a day -- let ur face regulate. 

5. drink water & green tea like cRAZY woman

6. no dairy 
i. no cheese
ii. no milk
iii. no ice cream

7. no caffeine 

8. just forget about it and eat clean -- see what happens

SOOOOO... there you go! her tips and tricks!! i'm gonna keep you updated... anyone wanna follow the rules too?

FRIDAY JULY 1st 

Just popped-- my face is pretty much super f***ed up right now. It's gross. 

So ummm... just gotta promise myself i won't touch at all tomorrow 
Also no morning coffee -- more water -- 2 green juices 
No processed nasty foods 

We'll see.... 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Any opinions or thoughts on my skin as of now? 

vs the skin on my cheek

HOW CAN THIS BE HAPPenING ?

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 07/02/2016 1:11 am

2nd Day: 

Picked at my skin. Looks bad. Drank lots of water. Stayed off dairy. No juices. Will try not to touch tomorrow - and juice in the morning. 

Pics: 

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/03/2016 2:24 pm

Your sister gives really good general advice but i would not take it as law as it is coming from someone who has never had acne problems and just because it works for one person, doesn't mean it will work for another person. I would recommend you evaluate your skin weekly versus daily as you are unlikely to see day to day changes. Also, keep in mind that just because something is natural, doesn't mean it is right for your skin. Research the heck out of natural products and make sure that irritating ingredients are at a minimum. Stick out a consistent regimen for 6 months before revaluating.

Good Luck

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/03/2016 2:35 pm

I agree, its good advice but acne is kind of like, say diabetes. People who don't have it can eat sugary stuff and junky stuff and not have blood sugar problems. People who have it cannot eat the same stuff without having issues. I don't eat dairy and I recently stopped coffee. I'm not perfect in my diet but I'm working on it.

I think the biggest thing for you is DONT puck at your skin. Most of what's in the pics looks more like its from picking than acne.

stopitno liked
MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 07/04/2016 1:05 pm

Update:

I've stopped picking at least for yesterday.. heres how my skin looks as of now: 

FullSizeRender.jpg

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/04/2016 2:34 pm

Looks good!

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 07/06/2016 7:58 pm

Log 3:

Unfortunately I have picked at blackheads and small white heads along my hairline (as you can see the redness was blackheads between the brows). I will continue to fight the habit. This is how it is healing:

Another photo with makeup as well

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:17 am

Log 4: 

I have begun to juice daily and also have tried to stay away from dairy as much as possible (kind of failed). Juicing has been successful :)
I have not picked in 2 - 3 days i don't remember exactly. I have a new rule -- no looking in the mirror 2 hours before or after my shower... thats when i pick the most so its been working out quite well. Distractions are key. 

Heres a photo (fresh out of the shower) so there is some redness: 

FullSizeRender.jpg

my skin is also super flaky and dry..... i don't want to over moisturize or anything.. so should i just leave it? will my skin normalize?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/12/2016 6:09 am

You can try matcha tea instead of coffee.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/13/2016 8:49 am

I agree with #1, 5, 6 and 8. However, I will share my personal experience on the rest:

2. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good/better for your skin. I made this mistake when I went through my "all natural phase" and I think it really messed with my skin. Just because it comes from a drugstore doesn't mean it's the bane of all evil, plenty of people use drugstore products. You just need to find what works for you and your skin. 

3. I agree with not using a ton of drying products, but I don't see anything wrong with a spot treatment. As long as it isn't too harsh (i.e. 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is good vs. 10%) then it can be very helpful with taking care of spots as long as you use it correctly.

4. Only washing once a day might work for some people, but I think 2 times a day is what works for the majority of people. It's important in the morning to wash away all of the excess oil that builds up on your face while you sleep (especially in the summer and especially if you have oily skin. Plus if you are going to be wearing make-up you want to apply it to a clean, fresh face), and it's important at night to clean your face from all the dirt and particles that get stuck their during the day (Again, especially if you wear make-up). 

7. A lot of people seem to mention caffeine, but I've never had any issues with it. Even back in college I used to drink like 3-4 cups a day sometimes (I'm honestly surprised I never had a heart attack lol) and it never aggravated my skin. However, I drink my coffee black, so it could actually be the sugar/sweetener/cream/milk causing the problems for most people and not the caffeine itself!

Not trying to disagree with you or anything, just sharing my experiences as someone who has dealt with their fair share of acne and skin issues! :) 

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/13/2016 9:31 am

40 minutes ago, kelbell812 said:
I agree with #1, 5, 6 and 8. However, I will share my personal experience on the rest:

2. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good/better for your skin. I made this mistake when I went through my "all natural phase" and I think it really messed with my skin. Just because it comes from a drugstore doesn't mean it's the bane of all evil, plenty of people use drugstore products. You just need to find what works for you and your skin. 

3. I agree with not using a ton of drying products, but I don't see anything wrong with a spot treatment. As long as it isn't too harsh (i.e. 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide is good vs. 10%) then it can be very helpful with taking care of spots as long as you use it correctly.

4. Only washing once a day might work for some people, but I think 2 times a day is what works for the majority of people. It's important in the morning to wash away all of the excess oil that builds up on your face while you sleep (especially in the summer and especially if you have oily skin. Plus if you are going to be wearing make-up you want to apply it to a clean, fresh face), and it's important at night to clean your face from all the dirt and particles that get stuck their during the day (Again, especially if you wear make-up). 

7. A lot of people seem to mention caffeine, but I've never had any issues with it. Even back in college I used to drink like 3-4 cups a day sometimes (I'm honestly surprised I never had a heart attack lol) and it never aggravated my skin. However, I drink my coffee black, so it could actually be the sugar/sweetener/cream/milk causing the problems for most people and not the caffeine itself!

Not trying to disagree with you or anything, just sharing my experiences as someone who has dealt with their fair share of acne and skin issues! :) 

hey I agree with you especially about not all natural products are good/ drugstore products ate bad.
Even if you don't use cleanser I feel I must rinse my face with water twice per day. Because of pollen, dust partiucles, etc.

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 07/22/2016 2:31 am

On July 13, 2016 at 6:49 AM, kelbell812 said:

Thank you for your imput! I agree with the natural products thing nowas well. :)