Notifications
Clear all

How Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut oil Resolved my Cystic Acne.

MemberMember
(@mcpeekj)

Posted : 06/30/2016 4:17 pm

I've struggled with acne for years and I've tried everything from Proactiv to Accutane, and nothing worked. My acne were the large, painful cystic nodes that would last for weeks and I'd usually have about three or four on my cheeks at a time. Initially, I changed my lifestyle to help combat my breakouts. I trained myself to never touch my face, never wore makeup, cut out almost all sugar from my diet, used only sulfate free shampoo, changed my pillowcases once a week; but nothing seemed to help.

Then one day I said "screw it", if I'm going to have these huge lumps on my face I'm going to at least try to cover them up with makeup. So I went out to get some Neutragena Healthy Skin liquid primer and liquid foundation and covered it up the best I could. But then something I hadn't expected happened, my skin got a little better. I was still having the breakouts, but they were smaller and less frequent. Then I realized, maybe I'm making my skin worse by using all these anti-acne creams and toners. Maybe I just needed to go all natural and super moisturize....So I got some apple cider vinegar and Neutragena oil free moisturizer and I used that twice a day on my face. Surprisingly, my acne got a little better; I was only have one nodule at a time. Then on Pintrest I saw that coconut oil has many anti-acne properties, but it was also highly comedogenic. So I was stuck in a cross roads, my dermatologist warned me to stay away from comedones, but I felt I had nothing to lose. I took a leap of faith and bought some organic virgin coconut oil from target. That night my skin instantly felt better, and I haven't had a breakout since.

Here is my skin care routine:

Wake up and wash my face with warm water and pat dry.
Tone with a 1:1 ratio of Braggs organic apple cider vinegar and air dry.
Moisturize with Target's organic virgin coconut oil.
The end.

Super fast and easy, plus I smell like a coconut all day.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/30/2016 9:52 pm

Coconut oil when included in a healthy diet has powerful anti-fungal properties which are great for supporting healthy skin by killing bad gut flora which can impact acne. Great stuff!

Best wishes for continued success! |::)

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 07/01/2016 11:11 am

I love coconut oil! This routine did help my acne, I can't say that it cleared me up completely, however, I love using it all over my body. It even cleared up a yeast infection on my chest one time 🙂

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/01/2016 3:35 pm

Cool, with natural oils sometimes they work great for certain people you just have to try them and see.

Kari1987 liked
MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 07/11/2016 1:20 am

Good to see some support for coconut oil. I use it everyday to wash my face and have noticed great results.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/11/2016 5:44 am

I've been scared to use coconut oil on my face but its probably irrational. I've used Dr Haushka clarifying oil and lately I'm using sea buckthorn oil along with green tea. I used to have rosacea tendencies but the only time they show up now is after exposure to cold wind.Ive used coconut oil in a lot of other ways, for my hair and I even brush my teeth with it mixed with baking soda.

MemberMember
(@stephoc)

Posted : 07/11/2016 12:39 pm

Thank you so much for this tip. My face was doing good for a while but now I have a couple of painful cystic nodes on my chin.I plan to try your routine.

MemberMember
(@samarawilson)

Posted : 07/25/2016 11:44 pm

Hi,
I have acne problem since many years. Once I too read an article regarding the "treatment for acne".I too used apple cider vinegar and coconut oil to get rid of the problem. I feel the same you feel, I really got relief from my previous condition.