Notifications
Clear all

Best CHEMICAL exfoliant?

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/23/2016 4:22 am

Hey everyone. What's a good chemical exfoliant that I can use? I've been eyeing some by Paula's Choice, and one by Sunday Riley, but I'm not sure which one to buy. I get nodules, and cysts(no whiteheads, or black heads) and I have sensitive skin, so it would have to be one that will be compatible with my skin-type. I also only use cruelty-free products. Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/23/2016 8:01 pm

Maybe something with lactic acid like buttermilk, yogurt or cream? Even if you can't eat it its supposed to be good at softening the skin and exfoliating the top layers. I get spots if I eat it but topically its good on my skin...weird. I've used Peter Thomas Roth's AHA without much irritation too but I don't have really sensitive skin.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 06/24/2016 1:51 am

I find that a salicylic/glycolic peel once a week or twice a month works much better than a chemical exfoliate used more frequently.Chemical exfoliates tend to really make my skin angry, but if I space out 10%-25% peels, Not sure if they are animal free, but you can buy both kinds of peels online and dilute with water.

MemberMember
(@xoxoem)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:22 am

Viviant Skincare Exol-A. I just made a post about it. Out of the million products I have tried, it's by far the best. It's pricy but it really worked for me.

MonroeQT liked