Notifications
Clear all

Impressive Results in Korea

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 06/12/2016 5:08 pm

Hi guys,

After hearing about a number of Korean celebrities who got rid of their acne scars, I went on to look for some Korean doctors who specialize in acne scarring.

Unlike most Western dermatologists that talk a lot but don't have any reliable before and after pics (different lighting, makeup, etc), often recommending ridiculously damaging procedures such as CO2 lasers, I've found a few clinics that show a ton of impressive before and after pics on their websites. Namely the following place has about 14 pages worth of before and afters on scarring.
http://www.mongclinic.com

Most of the pics (I say most because I didn't look through all of them) have consistent lighting. They don't promise overnight results. In fact, on the website, it says one should expect to invest about a year (about 4 'cycles' - 1 cycle is an 8 step process where each step takes about a week + 2 weeks for healing in between cycles) to get rid of the scars, as it takes time to remodel scars. I'm not quite clear on how they go about this. It's explained in the link below but not quite thoroughly. Anyone who speaks better Korean than me may take a look and explain.
[Edited link out]

Anyway, I hope this helps you all find a bit of hope. What I find novel about all this is that not only do they have a ton of before and afters, but also they encourage their patients to log their progress on their website (including their diet, daily routines, and photos to see improvements) and they seem to be approaching scar removal holistically.

MemberMember
(@mimitran)

Posted : 06/12/2016 10:04 pm

What exactly does their Treament entail if not harsh lasers?

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 06/12/2016 11:16 pm

Something about needles, melting threads and 'oriental medicine' applied topically. Alternating over 8 weeks.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 06/13/2016 4:41 pm

the results are impressive
i wonder if the photos are manipulated

this is something i already noticed.
there is a big gap between real big scar tissue and acne scars
acne scars and some other type of scarring dont resemble a scar itself, like a burn scar which is pure scar tissue
acne scars itself resemble normal skin if you look closely, they have skin color and sometimes even have hair growth in there,the insue is that its depressed and some people have big craters, but the thing is, once the depressed tissue is raised back to the level of normal skin the problem is solved.unlike a burn scar which is pure scar tissue and doesntmatter if itsdepressed or raised the scar tissue will be visible
for a big amount of acne scarring sufferers atleast, the solutionis something so simple: just lift up and remodelthe scar.But yet seems something sohard to do..

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 06/13/2016 6:24 pm

1 hour ago, De Rerum Natura said:

the results are impressive
i wonder if the photos are manipulated

this is something i already noticed.
there is a big gap between real big scar tissue and acne scars
acne scars and some other type of scarring dont resemble a scar itself, like a burn scar which is pure scar tissue
acne scars itself resemble normal skin if you look closely, they have skin color and sometimes even have hair growth in there,the insue is that its depressed and some people have big craters, but the thing is, once the depressed tissue is raised back to the level of normal skin the problem is solved.unlike a burn scar which is pure scar tissue and doesntmatter if itsdepressed or raised the scar tissue will be visible
for a big amount of acne scarring sufferers atleast, the solutionis something so simple: just lift up and remodelthe scar.But yet seems something sohard to do..

I wonder as well. But the photos have an amateur quality about them and the sheer number of pics makes me think they probably didn't bother. It's interesting how they use melting threads to keep scars elevated (I'm guessing this is what they do) kind of like the way suction cups work for subcision.

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 06/13/2016 10:08 pm

hi guys. sorry to destroy your hope but i personally saved up and did treatment in korea for a full year. the changes are slight at best and I am still plagued with scars

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 06/13/2016 10:21 pm

ofc nowdays more than never(since 2010 more or less) we've been able to see real acne scarred people improving their scars dramatically
if these photos arent fake, this is unbelievable results and thy dont seem to be fake, but i dont understand much to say..
i imagine an adolescent with acne and scarring in 1990~ where the options were so limited and the accutane wasnt something you heard of much

19 minutes ago, bloodwar44 said:

hi guys. sorry to destroy your hope but i personally saved up and did treatment in korea for a full year. the changes are slight at best and I am still plagued with scars

you did this exact treatment in korea?

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/28/2017 6:21 pm

`

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 10/29/2017 11:57 am

I don't believe anything I see posted by makers of procedures or doctors. After all, for them it's a business and there is too much photo editing. That's why the ONLY evidence I like tobelieve iswhen people post their own pictures like on this site. Images from QuanHenry and Mr. Matt are great because they have no reason to photo edit their posted images. Assuch,I believe them to be true and a good examples of what their procedures might do on my own face.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/29/2017 3:06 pm

`

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/29/2017 6:59 pm

Only thing that concerns me is that these folks are not medical doctors trained in Western medicine. They're specialty is in Oriental medicine, such as acupuncture and herbal remedies. That's not to say they're any less qualified than medical doctors. But acne treatment, as we all know, is a surgical procedure, so I ain't sure what these guys have up their sleeves (other than acupuncture needles) that medical doctors do not already have at their disposal.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/29/2017 8:19 pm

`

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/29/2017 9:31 pm

1 hour ago, JohnRottenSkin said:
did you translate their website? I didnt, so I really dont know what devices and techniques their have. I just see results, and they are impresive. I remember the quote from Dr. Lim (cant find it now) that if you cannot get good improvements from Korean docotrs then nobody else can give it to you. Im not protecting them. Just really considering trip to them this winter. I will sign up on their website and try to get information about treatments that they can perform. So if you are intersted in, stay in tune. Sorry for my English.

Korea is a capital of plastic surgery. Why not to try give them our scars to treat? I belive that they have good experience in this field.

Well kudos to you. To every man his own.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 10/31/2017 7:44 am

I think this is the treatment that was performed here, if anyone is interested:

https://www.jkom.org/journal/view.php?number=4776

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/31/2017 2:31 pm

6 hours ago, Raster said:

I think this is the treatment that was performed here, if anyone is interested:

https://www.jkom.org/journal/view.php?number=4776

The information contained in 3. Acupuncture: Transtherapysounds a lot like subcision.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/31/2017 3:55 pm

It's the same thing, been around for years. They send people here to recruit US citizens and "translate" for the procedure $$$$.  Kora uses acupuncture needles to subcise. Why waste the money when you can just go get subcision locally. Now if your getting a face lift / or fat grafting sure goto Korea. Those photos look doctored fyi, or pumped up with a bunch of filler or miso.

Please don't go off pics.
How many times do I have to plea. It's marketing 101, you might not heal like that (treatment is individual to your body, they are not going to post all but the best pics, not everyone has the same results).  It would be like shopping for a surgery off pics, what about all the other pieces, the past history, the credentials, the cost, the location, etc....

You can trust people who have no financial gain by giving you advice or sharing. Otherwise they want your money. This is why people mainly take pics, "beauty shots." Who wants to remember what they looked like before, half of that "look" is the thing we only see inside our own heads and want corrected. 

Yes the Koreans do subcision as well. Why look on sites with all Korean, they have many clinics  for English speaking travelers, Google them if Korea is close to you.

They use similar things that we use here subcision, filler, rf miconeedle, prp, laser, etc...

Kora = subcision
https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/324201-new-acne-scar-treatment/?page=8

See English speaking clinics that are already in the faq top of the scar sub recommendation of doctors O_O. Everything talked about on the website uses other "terms" but is standard for the treatments mentioned above.

https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/369647-subcision-with-co2-in-korea-worked-well/#entry3563985

They do not have a magic golden ticket, that takes treatments customized to yours scars and several of them, again unless your close, who wants to fly all those times $$$$$.

Review
https://www.realself.com/review/south-korea-kr-acne-scars-treatment-prp-and-fractional-laser-treatment#