Notifications
Clear all

Any pro advice?

MemberMember
(@xo_beans)

Posted : 06/08/2016 7:05 am

Hiya,

I am new to this site, so I'm not exactly sure how this all works. I have come here seeking advice, as probably most of us are, when it comes to acne. I have struggled with acne for probably 6 years now, been to dermatologists and been on ever medication they could think of (to the point where they didn't want to treat me anymore because nothing worked), and finally turned to obscure home remedies, which don't really work but I am in a far better state than I used to be. Now I only have moderate acne as opposed to severe.

Anyway, what really bothers me now is the red marks left behind. The acne I get goes away relatively shortly, but these red marks linger for what seems like forever. I try and ignore the discoloration but it's hard when you meet someone new and that's *all* they see. So my question to you all: do you have a solution that works? I know all faces are different, but is there something that any of you has worked for you and you could pass on to a fellow acne survivor? I am not especially keen on chemical treatments, as they can make you break out, but any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

MemberMember
(@iahmeeobop)

Posted : 06/10/2016 1:34 am

Is this an ongoing concern of yours? Or have the red marks only been lingering for a little longer than usual so you just decided to ask about it? Have you noticed that only a minority of acne sufferers complain about red marks that don't go away? I'm pulling my hair out try to figure this out! I don't know how to answer your question, but boy I wish I did though.