Notifications
Clear all

Not Moisturizing?

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/28/2016 5:03 pm

Anybody have successful in clearing acne without using a moisturizer?

Just curious, cause when we were younger and didn't apply so many things on our face, it was at it's natural state and we were.. for the most part... acne-free.
But now we try to follow a regimen to cure acne.

Let me know your stories!

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 05/29/2016 6:32 am

My derm specifically told me not to moisturise. I went my whole accutane course without it, and I cleared. My acne did come back, however, but I feel that even when I attempt to moisturise now it just brings out the redness of scars more and brings more closed comedones.

It really depends on the individual. If your skin can handle not using a moisturiser, then don't use one. You don't have too. Moisturisers are not for everyone. Just maybe patch test a few and see what happens, but if you were successful before without any products, then I reccomend just not using any.

MemberMember
(@acneexposed)

Posted : 05/29/2016 4:25 pm

You must moisturize especially on drugs because you will start to crack and lose the protective barrier to keep bacteria out. Do not use oily moisturizers that contain oil! Oil free moisturizer is the way to go, like Skin MD natural is what I use everyday before bed.

MemberMember
(@daileeh)

Posted : 05/29/2016 4:57 pm

34 minutes ago, AcneExposed said:

You must moisturize especially on drugs because you will start to crack and lose the protective barrier to keep bacteria out. Do not use oily moisturizers that contain oil! Oil free moisturizer is the way to go, like Skin MD natural is what I use everyday before bed.

I just searched it up and it's like a lotion that works for your body and face? 
Or is there a product that's just for your face? 

Let me knowwww pls ;D

MemberMember
(@acneexposed)

Posted : 05/29/2016 6:07 pm

It's for face, body, and hands. But I use it for my face. It's non-comedogenic, oil-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free, hypoallergenic.. basically everything you want in a moisturizer.. no stinging BP, AHA that will irritate the skin, it has nutrient packed Aloe Vera which I found is a fantastic skin healer next to cucumber. Very good stuff.

I got clear not using ANY products on my face besides Skin MD Natural... I use no cleaning products, just my hands and cool/tepid/warm water.. the maximum i would clean my face was twice everyday, one in the morning, and one after work. I havent had a breakout as long as i can remember. I used to have extremely oily skin due to a bad reaction to BP, I had cracking, flaky, red skin... but haven't had any issues with irritation or acne in as long as I can remember.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/30/2016 10:52 am

I have the oiliest face ever and I moisturize. I think it is great especially when you you topicals or medication to control your acne. Those things can be very drying so as oily as my face still is, moisturizer is a good thing. You just need to find the right one that suits your skin, climate, and lifestyle.