Notifications
Clear all

How do I wash a popped cyst

MemberMember
(@ccurran86)

Posted : 05/24/2016 9:46 pm

So I have a Cyst that popped after I took a shower and it now has resulted in a little wound where the cyst was (edge of left side of nose and above mustache). I guess the cyst wasn't ready for water and it popped from the mild cleanser. I have a bandaid on it but any suggestions on how to clean the cyst wound now. If I take a shower it will interrupt the healing process and become raw skin.

MemberMember
(@elee92)

Posted : 05/28/2016 1:08 am

Wounds actually require moisture to heal so the whole keep wounds dry for it to heal is misleading. Unless it hurts, I would just jump in the shower without a bandaid and go at it as you normally would. I'd be gentle about rubbing around that area and I'd just let the face was rinsing off/going down your face be "soap enough" for the cyst. Careful not to get your shampoo in there.

Then I'd just put neosporin with a Q tip and go to bed with it uncovered. Repeat in the morning and slap on a small bandaid if you're going to be going around (to block debris and stuff)

MemberMember
(@ocnblitzgmail-com)

Posted : 05/28/2016 8:35 pm

anti bacterial cream along with a breathable bandage to ensure nothing accidentally rips off your scab that will be forming