Notifications
Clear all

A 30 year old with cystic acne

MemberMember
(@cherrymama47)

Posted : 05/20/2016 7:57 pm

I'm feeling extremely helpless. I'm 30 in november of this year. My acne is not getting better. I'm losing faith and it's starting to control my life. I don't like going anywhere. My kid misses school because I can't get out of bed. I have horrible nightmares of cutting my face off. My dermatologist seem clueless and rushes me out of the office. My pcp is clueless and wants me to get a hormone check, ovarian check etc. But all that cost money.  I can't afford it. I get a chemical peel once a month.  I wash my face twice a day with alba natural face wash., tone with witch hazel and moisturizer with avocado oil.  Help me,  my acne is controlling my life. I want to cry as we speak. I don't know what to do anymore. 

FB_IMG_1463774882776.jpg

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 05/21/2016 1:16 pm

Honestly your skin looks fine. With a good regime it will help. I know you feel helpless, I do too, but it's not worth your kid missing school not at all.Have you got any friends to talk to about how your feeing?

With your regime I don't see any acne fighting products, have you tried benzoyl peroxide? Also are you on any hormonal birth control or anything?

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 05/23/2016 2:34 am

Ok, I'm going to level with you. You do not have bad acne. You have very very very mild acne(judging by this photo), when my skin was severe I had literally 100's of cysts on any given day. I never took any pictures of myself when it was bad, so you'll just have to trust me.When my skin cleared after my first round of Accutane I actually began to obsess about my acne MORE. This was because my self-esteem was very low at that point in my life, and I was a very damaged person. I think you may be in the same boat. Your skin will easily be cleared if you switch up your regimen. Please message me and I can give you my full regimen. I've dealt with acne for 15 years so I know what I'm talking about, and I can offer you some good advice. Aside from changing your regimen, may I suggest therapy? Oftentimes we don't realize that our depression/anxiety stems from internal issues rather than external issues such as acne. For example, I was diagnosed with Epilepsy recently, and I've been pinning my depression on that, but it's not the Epilepsy, it's me. Does that make sense? Overall, you have very nice skin. You literally have one blemish(and the redness around it makes it look larger than it really is), so I believe you have more going on here.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 05/23/2016 2:52 am

For me diet really plays a big factor. I felt the same way you did. Tried every product, went to the dermatologist to only get medicine that helps only to an extent. I recently started to eat a lot better, I know it's hard and takes a lot of will power and sometimes you maybe fail and cheat but those are just prerequisites for success. I also quit products and my skin is dry but it hasn't broken out so its telling diet is the cure to acne.

So my diet consists of a lot of vegetables and omega 3. I eat mainly organic. you also have to watch out for your carb intake cause that can make your insulin go up. Try to keep it under 100g. Not only will your acne clear but you will also lose weight.

Heres a list of what my my diet consists of.

oatmeal
organic cereal
organic protein nut bars
eggs
spinach
carrots
brocolli
kale
almond milk
orange juice
milled flax seeds
raw sunflower seeds
onions
avocados
grass fed ground beef
organic turkey
wild salmon

eating healthy also made me a better cook. When I have kids I'm going to put them on the same diet so they suffer like I did