Notifications
Clear all

Mixto laser on cheeks for acne scars

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/12/2016 1:32 pm

This thread will go thru my journey as I get my scar treatment. I plan on getting mixto with subcision with dr David rahimi.

I am quite young only 18 so I figured why not get my treatment when my scars and I are young.

Any my questions you have I will answer. I will post pictures of my scars once most people join in on the thread. But right now my scars are mild not super mild but not yet moderate more in the middle. I have mostly box car scars with a couple ice pick and about one your two rolling scars the are very shallow.

i will start up dating this once people join in and I actually get my laser which will be next month when I graduate from hs. So around June 22. I already had my consultation and all that I'm just eating to save up a little more money and find a good date.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 05/18/2016 5:50 pm

Beware, this doctor is a scam artist. He will lie to you and take your money.

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/18/2016 6:52 pm

Have you got treatment from him and also I read some of your comments on other forums you have a trauma scar which is different then acne scars

Just now, Mr.Robert97 said:

Have you got treatment from him and also I read some of your comments on other forums you have a trauma scar which is different then acne scars

@scarredandsad34

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 05/18/2016 7:18 pm

No but after an in-person consultation he told me that filler and mixto would make my scar "slowly disappear". A total lie because I tried filler and laser and it didn't do shit. I have also read other reviews on this forum from people who say that they have spent thousands of dollars on his treatments with zero results.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 05/19/2016 5:55 am

I honestly didn't like the vibe he gave me when I went to a consultation with him. He literally walked in the room and in about 2 minutes he told me about mixto and filler as well. I wish more doctors would ask what your budget is like or what I feel would benefit me the most but instead all they do is push laser which is too pricey for the amount of results you will get and then theyrely on theplacebo effect to make the person come back again.

Not to mention one round would cost me 4000 dollars which is ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/20/2016 10:46 pm

He was totally nice to me at my consultation actually pushed for everything but mixto but insisted on it cause it's the most powerful laser I can use for my skin type it's also 3000 for one treatment with subscion and 500 for another after that do remember my scars are quite mild but my skin overall is shit

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/20/2016 11:16 pm

Also mixto isn't the least powerful it can go 600nm with the right laser head and setting it's almost the Same as the repair but the coverage is different

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/21/2016 3:20 am

Several years ago, before he became well known on the forums, his prices were much more reasonable and some users had positive experiences with him. I've followed him over the years, and his prices have gotten totally out of hand, while his results have gotten fewer and far between. I have not seen a convincing result from him in ages. Plus, his before and "afters" are now heavily doctored, with totally inconsistent lighting. I'm talking severe overhead lighting in the before's and strong front facing flash in the afters.

I know I've been saying this forever, but lasers really should be reserved for the end. They do nothing for deep scars, which requireadjunctive measures to make them as shallow as possible before lasers. Seems like most people here are now catching on to this and understand that this is the only way lasers have any real value. A $4000 laser session right out of the gate is just not smart. Why not exhaust the tried and true, but much less glamorous methods first?

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/21/2016 8:52 am

5 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

Several years ago, before he became well known on the forums, his prices were much more reasonable and some users had positive experiences with him. I've followed him over the years, and his prices have gotten totally out of hand, while his results have gotten fewer and far between. I have not seen a convincing result from him in ages. Plus, his before and "afters" are now heavily doctored, with totally inconsistent lighting. I'm talking severe overhead lighting in the before's and strong front facing flash in the afters.

I know I've been saying this forever, but lasers really should be reserved for the end. They do nothing for deep scars, which requireadjunctive measures to make them as shallow as possible before lasers. Seems like most people here are now catching on to this and understand that this is the only way lasers have any real value. A $4000 laser session right out of the gate is just not smart. Why not exhaust the tried and true, but much less glamorous methods first?

I understand where your getting at but there isn't really to much I can do cause of skin color I could micro needle. But I feel like that won't do much for my scarring and can't do a strong enough tca peel that will see good results also can't do. Tca cross cause my boxcars aren't deep enough. But i do understand what your saying but I'm fairly young and so are my scars and I feel after 2 or 3 treatments of this I will be where I want to be

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 05/21/2016 1:51 pm

Everyone on this forum acts like Davin Lim is God when it comes to treating scars, but besides a few well marketed YouTube videos, has anyone actually talked to someone who has been treated successfully by him? Personally, I think he is another shady doctor, eager to profit off of desperate people who suffer from disfiguring facial scars.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 05/21/2016 5:15 pm

8 hours ago, Mr.Robert97 said:
I understand where your getting at but there isn't really to much I can do cause of skin color I could micro needle. But I feel like that won't do much for my scarring and can't do a strong enough tca peel that will see good results also can't do. Tca cross cause my boxcars aren't deep enough. But i do understand what your saying but I'm fairly young and so are my scars and I feel after 2 or 3 treatments of this I will be where I want to be

i agree with beautiful ambition dont slag the guy off hes one of people that acutally care and can deliver on results.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/21/2016 6:39 pm

A lot of doctor's become well known here and eventually fall out of favor for one reason or another. Dr. Lim is certainly no God, but he does produce consistently good results. Dr. Rahimi's name was at one point bounced around a lot on these forums. There's another surgeon Dr. Mark Taylor who does good work, but haven't heard much from him recently.

I think what separates Dr. Lim is that he "gets it." This is in contrast to someone like a Dr. Jason Emer, who is the epitome of aggressive self-promotion. Plus, I don't even think he really has any good results. Everything Dr. Limsays jives with my own experience, having undergone all of the major types of treatments. Plus, the fact that he says that lasers are not suitable for all cases makes him more trustworthy than the ones who prescribe lasers for everything. The guy who recommends a TCA CRoss procedure for $300 bucks over a $4000 laser, has more credibility to me.

That said, he's had some failures as well, so no he's not God, but he's one of the better ones when it comes acne scar revisions.

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/21/2016 7:15 pm

Yea Davins like a guru in the field of acne scars I visited dr emer and he's more self promotion then anything he didn't really care took about 2 minutes and dipped I never went back to him

Update 5/21: I visited dr rahimi to make a procedure date and that will be June 25 right after my hs graduation

I will post pics of my scars some time next week of maybe later this weekend

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 05/22/2016 5:12 am

Although I don't believe in lasers and feel like Dr David Rahimi preys on people who are desperate I am looking forward to your procedure and I hope you get the results my friend.

MemberMember
(@celaya)

Posted : 05/22/2016 7:17 am

Dragz (sorry can't remember exact spelling of his name) posted on here about 3+ years ago that he got something like 75% improvement on both cheeks from going to Dr. Rahimi. He did something like 4 Mixto's in one year and also did subcisions. Now he had mostly rolling type scars which is the easiest type to fix among acne scars, And the evidence was there that he got excellent results with plenty of pics in between each visit he saw Rahimi. He also posted his story on real self too. I think he paid $2,500 for first treatment (mixto with subcision included) and each after Mixto treatment would be $500. Now Dragz put him on the map here, and he brought him a whole lot of business based on that long thread he created. So Dr. Rahimi I'm sure was well aware of it as he tells customers to post positive reviews of him on here, realself, & yelp, But what ticks me off within a year he raised his prices doubling it to $5,000(mixto with subcision) and each additional treatment of Mixto(if you wanted more) would be $1,000 more. He basically got greedy.

Davin Lim posts most of his info. for free on youtube, But notice Dr. Rahimi on his website if you check his blog he wants you to spend money in buying his book on regards to information on acne scarring. He is selling it on amazon .com

One good thing, I will say about Dr.Rahimi is at least he is well trained in performing subcisions. Most Dermatologists out there I would estimate around 95% don't know how to do it and you have some who never even heard of it. Yet most all want to do is push lasers.

Not sure about Picosure. Yeah I know Davin Lim said it works for all skin types, But I got rejected from using this laser 2+ years ago as they told me I could get hypopigmentation as I have tan Olive skin and told me I was better off with the dermapen to treat acne scarring and sun damage. But now I'm seeing more & more places promoting that this indeed works for all skin types, but still not at the place I went to.

Most U.S. Dermatologist though hardly carry this laser type(the picosure focus) as it is very expensive and cost around $300,000 so obviously most are going to pushed what they already have in their office on the consumer claiming it's the best and discredit anything else out there that they don't have in their office.

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/22/2016 10:54 am

5 hours ago, GuevaraBeats said:

Although I don't believe in lasers and feel like Dr David Rahimi preys on people who are desperate I am looking forward to your procedure and I hope you get the results my friend.

We all are titled to our opinion but thanks lol

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/22/2016 7:37 pm

DRagz and Slee were basically the two threads that brought Rahimi a lot of attention and business. They did get positive results and both were happy with their treatment. Yes, I think as far as subcisions go, Rahimi does seem to know what he's doing. I don't really discredit his skill level, but more his recent business tactics, which include pushing unnecessary procedures on not very sophisticated patients. I think he recommended Ultherapy to a few people at a cost of several thousand $$$'s, and that is an experimental technique at best. It's marketed for skin tightening and it barely has any real convincing evidence for that, let alone acne scarring. That feels wrong to me to recommend something that has no real clinical evidence at such a steep cost. Acne scar patients are usually some of the most desperate and emotionally vulnerable patients, so it's easy to take advantage of this group of people.

MemberMember
(@anthonykaka)

Posted : 05/23/2016 4:30 am

yeah , davin lim is the best , unfortunately he is on sydney , i m from spain , do you know any good doctor in europe , please is very difficult find someone .

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 05/23/2016 8:36 am

12 hours ago, blahblah82 said:

DRagz and Slee were basically the two threads that brought Rahimi a lot of attention and business. They did get positive results and both were happy with their treatment. Yes, I think as far as subcisions go, Rahimi does seem to know what he's doing. I don't really discredit his skill level, but more his recent business tactics, which include pushing unnecessary procedures on not very sophisticated patients. I think he recommended Ultherapy to a few people at a cost of several thousand $$$'s, and that is an experimental technique at best. It's marketed for skin tightening and it barely has any real convincing evidence for that, let alone acne scarring. That feels wrong to me to recommend something that has no real clinical evidence at such a steep cost. Acne scar patients are usually some of the most desperate and emotionally vulnerable patients, so it's easy to take advantage of this group of people.

I just feel like since he treated those two he did receive a wave of patients with very severe acne scarring and as he is a good doctor I feel like he's only experience with mixto and sub and when he sees an patient with very severe scarring he is limited to only what he knows . The couples times I've been there there were people with very severe acne there either getting treatment or going for a consultation I'm just lucky mine isn't as severe as the ones that were in there

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 05/23/2016 10:58 am

Rahimi's demeanor was similar to a used car salesman. He just seemed sleazy and untrustworthy. He told me that my trauma scar (wide jagged deep cut to the bone) was more minor and easier to treat than an acne scar, which was a bold faced lie. I have had reputable plastic surgeons tell me otherwise.

believe what you want, at the end of the day it's your money and your face.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 05/23/2016 5:50 pm

So was he the one that treated you ? I'm not clear on where you got your laser and filler, which failed in your opinion.

To be fair to Rahimi, he really does see the worst of the worst. I mean some of the acne scarring cases he sees are heartbreaking and tragic. But I really think he needs to rein it in with the unnecessary procedures which are more about lining his pocket than helping scarring.

MemberMember
(@ohlilith)

Posted : 02/24/2017 5:15 pm

Hi guys... I just recently went in for Dr. Rahimi's mixto fraxel with subcision and bellafill. Procedure was about 4000. I think the overall cost has to do with what type of scar he's treating and how much is covering the face. I felt very at ease with Dr. Rahimi. I felt he was very respectful, professional, genuinely concerned for my well being. But, that's my opinion. I have olive skin too and have tried various sessions of micro needling and chemical peels and did see mild improvement but I have to say that mixto fraxel was probably the most dramatic. I have boxcar/rolling scars from having cystic acne mostly on my cheeks and temples. I'm very pleased with the results and I am thinking of going in for my touch up.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 02/25/2017 2:32 am

9 hours ago, OhLilith said:

Hi guys... I just recently went in for Dr. Rahimi's mixto fraxel with subcision and bellafill. Procedure was about 4000. I think the overall cost has to do with what type of scar he's treating and how much is covering the face. I felt very at ease with Dr. Rahimi. I felt he was very respectful, professional, genuinely concerned for my well being. But, that's my opinion. I have olive skin too and have tried various sessions of micro needling and chemical peels and did see mild improvement but I have to say that mixto fraxel was probably the most dramatic. I have boxcar/rolling scars from having cystic acne mostly on my cheeks and temples. I'm very pleased with the results and I am thinking of going in for my touch up.

Is it possible for you to post any pics since you had such a good improvement?.