Notifications
Clear all

Yaz and horrible breakout! Help!!

MemberMember
(@freya_mckernan13hotmail-com)

Posted : 05/08/2016 1:24 am

I'm having a horrible breakout on Yaz! I'm on my 3rd packet and have painful cysts all over my right cheek and chin! Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm feeling desperate, my face has never looked so bad 🙁

Inever really had bad skin until I was given the mirena iud from my doctor last year. That's when I started getting cystic acne, myface broke out horribly all over my cheeks and jaw line. I was prescribed doxycycline for 6months and had the mirena removed. My face cleared up wonderfully but slowly the doxy stopped working and the acne started creeping back.

I decided to try Yaz because I had had beautiful skin with Ginet 85. but hated the side effects. So thought I'd give Yaz a go.

The first month my skin seemed a little better, Then the second month my face exploded! My whole right side has erupted in huge painful cysts that have lasted for weeks.

I am using a very gentle cleanser topical and oral antibiotics prescribed by my doctor taking zinc, fish oil and eating clean (no meat or dairy and eating lots offresh fruit and veges and drinking plenty of water)but still the acne keeps popping up.

Im in the second week of my third month and don't know how much more I can take 🙁 should I wait it out or change it? My self esteem is crushed I literally hate leaving my room these days 🙁 please help

MemberMember
(@tasha_14)

Posted : 05/14/2016 4:22 pm

Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel! I've nearly finished my third month on Yasmin and am breaking out way more than usual - and like you the first month was better and from then on things have gone downhill. However, I'm still only really breaking out in my problem areas - my cheeks have stayed clear, which makes me feel like my skin might just be adjusting to the hormone change ? I've read many birth control reviews and quite a few people have said that it wasn't until the fourth month that the initial breakout ended, so if I were you I'd try and hang on for just a little longer so that you don't give up on something that may work too soon! Good luck, and remember you're not alone!

MemberMember
(@freya_mckernan13hotmail-com)

Posted : 05/23/2016 4:24 am

Thank you Tasha! I got on to the acne.org regimen and my skin is 1000x better i think my body is getting used to the yaz too. If you are still having a bad breakout i'd give the regimen a go its done wonders!