Notifications
Clear all

Which type of acne scarring is easiest to treat?

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/18/2016 8:16 am

Of course, no type of scarring is "easy" to treat - but relatively speaking, is there any particular type of scarring that is considered the easiest to improve upon?

I think I'm right in saying that ice picks are generally considered the most difficult to treat, so what would be the on the other end of the scale?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 04/18/2016 3:38 pm

" rolling scars" , subcision always deliver good results in this type of scars and if there is so much volume loss , filler can added to add supportive lift

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/19/2016 4:15 am

Thanks for your reply.

What confuses me about rolling scars and subcision is that people often talk about how rolling scars are tethered down and how subcision cuts through the bands that are pulling the skin down. The rolling scars I have do not appear to be tethered (they disappear when stretched) so does this mean that subcision is still a suitable treatment or should I be looking to treat it by needling/derma stamping?

MemberMember
(@scarredemon)

Posted : 04/20/2016 11:56 pm

Actually, based on my own experience and the results from others, ice-pick scarring is probably the easiest to treat. Provided, this is only treated with the right modality- TCA cross or excision and followed up with laser resurfacing.
Rolling scar can respond well to subcision, however, the fact that the scar fibrous strands are separated for a moment after subcising, the strands could potentially be bounded back hence, still creating the bounded rolling effect.

MemberMember
(@paul-b)

Posted : 04/21/2016 4:50 am

Interesting. I guess the severity of the scar plays a role in how easy or difficult it is to treat, no matter what type it is.

Re: subcision for rolling scars and the potential for the strands re-attaching, is that not why suction is recommended? It helps to prevent that from happening. It might not be something that doctors recommend themselves but there are plenty of people on here who have reported good results by suctioning the treated area at home after they've had the subcision procedureperformed.

Like I said before though, I'm still unclear on what the best course of action is when it comes to untethered scars. Either subcision isn't such an ideal solution or maybe it is because it doesn't rely so much on cutting through the fibrous strands and more about creating a wound under the surface which levels out the skin.